This post comes from Camille Macres at Paleo Kitchen TV. Checkout her free 3 day video course that will guide you in transitioning to paleo or simply eat paleo on a budget, when you’re busy or constantly on the go!
The Inflammation Epidemic
The term “inflammation” has been getting a lot of buzz these days and rightfully so. Most functional and holistic doctors now agree that inflammation at the cellular level is at the root of nearly all of the degenerative diseases stripping us of vitality and shaving years off of life expectancy, too.
Inflammation is defined as a localized physical condition in which part of the body becomes reddened, swollen, hot, and often painful, especially as a reaction to injury or infection.
What we now know is that inflammation is caused by a myriad of environmental factors we are all dealing with in modern times. Inflammatory foods like refined grains and sugars, industrial seed oils, alcohol and drug use, pesticides and other environmental toxins, stress and lack of good sleep to name a few.
Ways To Reduce Inflammation
On the flip side, we now have a much greater idea about the ways to reduce this inflammation in our bodies and can do so with a couple healthy daily practices.
- Drink lots of purified water, herbal tea, and freshly pressed green juice.
- Drastically reduce inflammatory foods and increase anti-inflammatory foods like fresh fruits (especially berries), vegetables (especially leafy greens), fatty fish (wild salmon, tuna, mackerel, and sardines) and healthy fat (good quality olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, flax and walnut oil).
- Take anti-inflammatory supplements and superfoods like turmeric, quercetin, cod liver oil, ginger, medicinal mushrooms, goji berries and sea vegetables to name a few.
What’s So Special About Turmeric?
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Turmeric has been making quite a splash in the health world these days. While the “trend” has just been picking up steam in the western world in the last couple years, it has been used in India and China for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb.
In India where turmeric is eaten several meals a day, Alzheimer’s, dementia and other degenerative brain conditions are almost unheard of, which means that we really do need to pay attention to this important superfood.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. Curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream on its own, so it’s very important to take with black pepper and fats for maximum effectiveness.
The Problem With Some Turmeric
A large supply of world’s turmeric is contaminated with lead and other heavy metals that are found in the soil turmeric root is grown. The FDA even recalled several nationally distributed brands, some of which were labeled “organic.”* I have done a fair amount of research and found the lab-tested brand Pure Indian Foods to be very good.
A note on the recipe: The turmeric infused ghee already has the black pepper in it. If you decide to use plain ghee or coconut oil in this recipe instead, use 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Cashew & Turmeric Golden Milk
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4 hours in water, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups very hot water
- 2 -3 tablespoons Pure Indian Foods Turmeric Super Ghee
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high until very smooth. Strain through a fine mesh wire sieve and enjoy 🙂!
Check out this extended cut video for more uses for Pure Indian Foods Ghee, including:
- Blended with eggs and veggies for breakfast.
- Blended with morning tea or coffee
- Blended with bone broth for sipping or as a soup base.
Here are a few more great ways to include turmeric in your life!
- Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
- Turmeric Stew with Cauliflower, Coconut Oil & Ginger
- Sauerkraut with Turmeric
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!