This article is share with permission from our friends at Paleohacks.
Crispy, crunchy, juicy Buffalo chicken tenders with a rich, Buffalo sauce in 30 minutes or less.
Perfect for gameday, parties or savory snacking, these chicken tenders pack an addicting crunch without any of the gluten. Best of all: you just need a handful of ingredients and zero fancy cooking skills to make them!
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
For this recipe, grass-fed butter or ghee brings omega-3s to the Buffalo sauce, while apple cider vinegar adds a probiotic punch. Instead of coating the chicken tenders in a flour-based batter, they are coated in almond meal. Almond meal helps to add a crunchy texture since these tenders are baked instead of fried.
For the chicken:
- 1 lb organic chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
For Buffalo Sauce:
- 6 Tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Paleo hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Start by blotting chicken with paper towels to remove moisture, which helps the breading to stick
- Dip each chicken tender in whisked egg, then dredge in an almond meal and sea salt mixture. Tip: Too much egg will cause the breading to slide off, so make sure to shake off the excess egg before coating it with almond meal
- From there, simply place the Buffalo chicken tenders on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes
- In the meantime, prepare the Buffalo sauce by melting the grass-fed butter and whisking in hot sauce and ACV
- Divide the mixture so that there is plenty of Buffalo sauce leftover for dipping
- When the first 15 minutes are up, brush Buffalo sauce on chicken tenders and return to the oven to finish baking for another 15 minutes
- Serve tenders hot with plenty of Buffalo sauce, carrots, and celery. If you want to get really creative, top off your favorite salad with these chicken tenders for protein
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!