When you’re doing your best to eat healthy, finding satisfying comfort food can feel like an impossible task. Oven baked sweet potato fries are pretty common these days which is why I wanted to put an extra special spin on the food we all know and love. Instead of just baking the sweet potato fries, why not coat them in a delicious, healthy, crunchy breaded layer?? This extra topping is entirely gluten-free and dairy-free, perfect for healthy eating.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Instead of regular flour, I used coconut flour. Instead of bread crumbs I used almond meal. Coat with a little egg wash in between and your gluten-free breaded sweet potato fries are ready to go!
Now these fries are great on their own but they are absolutely spectacular dipped in the homemade Chipotle Avocado Mayo, see recipe below. If you have a couple of extra minutes, I highly recommend making the mayo. Store extra mayo in the fridge and use it as a veggie dip or on top of your favourite protein. You can also use it as a salad dressing.
Crunchy Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, vegetarian, refined sugar-free
Yield: Serves 3-4
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and cut into french fries
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To set up your breading station: Get three medium sized bowls. Place the coconut flour in the first bowl. Place the beaten eggs in the second bowl, add a large pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Place the almond meal in the third bowl, add the smoked paprika, thyme, rosemary and a big pinch of sea salt. Mix.
- Using multiple sweet potato fries at a time, coat them in the coconut flour, dusting off excess. Next, dip them in the egg, using a slotted spoon to lift them out. Let the excess egg drip off. Next, place them in the almond flour bowl and toss them until lightly dusted with the almond meal mixture. Transfer coated sweet potato fries to baking sheet. Repeat process until all fries are breaded and on baking sheet. Lightly drizzle fries with avocado oil.
- Place in oven for about 25 minutes. Then rotate pan and place in oven for another 25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and lightly golden on top. Optional: If you’d like them to be even more crunchy, turn your oven up to broil and let the fries get super golden on top. Note, this will only take 1-3 minutes so watch them carefully to ensure they don’t burn.
- Serve immediately out of oven while warm. It’s recommended you serve them with the Avocado Oil Mayo as a dipping sauce (see recipe below).
Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo, sugar-free
Makes: About 1 cup
- 1 egg yolk, (save egg white for something else)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup avocado oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- This can be made using a blender or hand blender. Combine egg yolk, whole egg, mustard, paprika, garlic and lemon zest in a bowl or high speed blender.
- Blend in bowl using a hand blender or in regular blender until combined. Slowly drizzle avocado oil in while blending to thicken and emulsify. Once oil is fully blended in and mayo is thick, add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge – will keep for 1-2 days.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!