This amazing guest post was written by Tammy Catania, a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, and Certified Holistic Life Coach! You can check out her website here!
Have you ever walked into someone’s home and thought “Oh those are some pretty crystals, great idea for decor” But to later find out there is more to these crystals besides how beautiful they look in your home. The owner of these crystals use them to help with balancing issues and ailments in their life. You must be thinking that this has got to be some fad that is happening. But the use of healing with crystals is as old as humankind.
Did you know that every ancient civilization has utilized crystals for many different reasons? Some of these reasons were offerings, healing, and protective talisman.
Specific knowledge about crystal healing originates from the times of the legendary continent Atlantis. Atlantis is today considered by many people only a myth. But when we look at the history we find that it traces back to Ancient Egypt, Greece, Europe, and America.
Actually, the word crystal originating from the Greek word krustallos which means ice, it was believed that clear quartz was water that had frozen so deeply it would remain solid forever.
Now You Must Be Wondering How Do Crystals Work?
Crystals will help you on an energetic and vibrational level. Everything is energy and how it manifests is simply a matter of vibrational frequency and the crystalline structure (organic or inorganic) that enfolds it. The human body is no exception.
It is a conductive energy system with crystalline structures in and around the blood, lymph, and cells and it is repaired and maintained by a complex electrochemical system. So actually it runs on vibrations, just like our emotions and thoughts. (1)
Crystals respond to the vibrations that are coursing through our body, and if the energy is sluggish, the constant electrical vibrations of the stones will help to harmonize, balance, and stimulate these energies.
Albert Einstein said “Everything in life is a vibration. The sound is a vibration, and so are your thoughts. Everything that manifests in your life is there because it matches the vibration of your thoughts.”
Now that you know how crystals work you must be wondering just how you go about using them in your everyday life?
The first step would be picking the correct crystal for you and the issue or ailment you need help with. Every crystal has a specific purpose, and you will also want to find the one that you feel connects to you, this can be done by holding the crystal and feeling how its energy makes you feel.
The next step would be to clear it of any unwanted energy it may have, and crystals will pick up energy from others touching it.
There Are a Few Methods To Help Clear Its Energies:
- Smudging – Simply hold the burning sage or cedar stick while passing your crystal through the smoke.
- Moonlight – Place your crystal outside on a Full Moon or a New Moon. Waning Moons are good times to clear crystals and to dispel old energies as well.
- Sunlight – Place your crystal either outside or in a really sunny window for the day.
Now that you have picked out your crystal and have cleared it of any unwanted energies it’s time to start using it.
I would suggest sitting quietly without any disruption if you can do this outside even better. Hold your crystal in your hand or if its too big place your hand on it, close your eyes and think about your intention. What is it that you want this crystal you help you with? Where in your life do you feel stuck? Now sit for awhile and concentrate on your breathing while sending good intentions to the crystal.
You just set your intentions so now it’s time to decide how you want to use the crystal in daily life. There are a few ways you can do this.
- Hold it while praying or meditating every day.
- Place it under your pillow while you sleep.
- Use it to help balance your Chakras.
- Carry it in your pocket.
- Have it placed in a piece of jewelry?
- Put them around your home.
I would suggest clearing the energies from your crystals at least once a month.
There are a few great places to purchase crystals online, here are some of my favorites
The variety of different crystals is amazing, and there is way too many to choose from, and there is so many issues and ailments that they can help.
- Hematite is fantastic for removing stress and anxiety from the body, because it has excellent grounding properties, and will ground a person to Earth’s natural frequency.
- Jet stone is powerful and brings calming energy to those suffering from anxiety, depression, or grief.
- Amethystt is an excellent stone to use during meditation and can, therefore, calm and quell the mind, settle the thoughts and raise one’s vibration.
- Lepidolite is beneficial for relieving tension and stress, it calms and quells sleep disturbances.
- Smoky Quartz can relieve stress, anxiety and an overly busy mind.
- Rose quartz is a stone of unconditional love that helps to open and heal the energy of the heart.
- Aventurine promotes luck, joy, and lightness of spirit.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.