Researchers, scientists, and suffering patients are all searching for an improved treatment of cancer. This degenerative disease has tortured countless individuals and their families. Chemotherapy has helped many, but it is a slow and painful process with no absolute guarantee it will be worth it.
The radiation kills the cancerous cells in the body, along with all the regular, necessary cells. In a way, this method harms the victim in order to heal. It’s no wonder that doctors are looking for a better way.
This long-awaited study directed science to find anti-cancer properties in your own backyard! Researchers at the Windsor Regional Cancer Center in Ontario, Canada, found that dandelions may hold promise in the fight against cancer.
Dandelion For Killing Cancer Cells
John Di Carlo was seventy-two when he was battling leukemia. After grueling but noneffective treatments, he was brought home to settle his affairs and spend his final days with his family. As a last resort, the cancer clinic tossed him a suggestion to drink dandelion root tea. Carlo listened dutifully, and four months later, he was in remission. He has been living cancer-free for the past three years. (1) While it is difficult to attribute his remission to the dandelion root tea in particular, this is what John believes truly helped him.
The Groundbreaking Study
Can you eat chocolate on the Keto diet? Good news!
Download our free report today for instant access to 28 recipes for making delicious chocolate treats — all 100% Keto approved.
Dandelion root extract has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to heal various ailments from digestive issues to hepatitis to anorexia. This common weed has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-carcinogenic benefits.
Dr. Caroline Hamm, Dr. Pamela Ovadje, and Dr. Siyaram Pandey assessed this miraculous plant against aggressive human chronic myelomonocytic leukemia cells in a lab setting. The researchers treated the cells with increased concentrations of the dandelion root extract. The cells with the DRE showed a reduced ability to rejuvenate and grew at a slower pace, leading to cell death, compared to the untreated cells. The cancer cells were disintegrating after 48 hours!
Unlike chemotherapy that does not discriminate between the cancerous and the healthy cells, the extract only attacked the leukemia cells and strengthened the immunity of the necessary cells. (2) Besides leukemia, dandelion root extract has the potential to fight other cancers, including, prostate, lung, colon, breast, prostate, liver, and lung cancer.
However, it is important to keep in mind that this study was not done on humans, rather it was a lab setting using a concentrated dose of dandelion root extract, and only for a very particular type of cancer cell. It is not advisable to try to treat your cancer with dandelion root extract, but rather it is advisable to drink dandelion root tea daily for its protective benefits.
Dandelions For Health
Outside of cancer, this root can still be beneficial for other ailments.
- Diabetes – The roots and stems stimulate the production of insulin, which stabilizes blood sugar levels.
- Digestive Issues – The vitamins and minerals in dandelions help cleanse the liver by filtering out impurities and increase the bile.
- Prevent UTIs – Dandelions fight bacteria that causes this infection.
- A Good Source of Vitamin A – With one cup of dandelion tea, you can fight premature aging, vision impairment, and respiratory infections.
- Strengthens Bones and Source of Vitamin K – This reduces the risk of bone fractures and improves their health. Also, dandelions prevent tooth decay, calcium deficiency, and muscle tension. (3)
Looking for a great way to get the benefits of this fantastic plant? Why not try Pure Dandelion Root Powder! This supplement is taken from the root of the taraxacum plant, more commonly known as the dandelion. While the entire plant is edible, the root is frequently used in dietary supplements for its various benefits.
Warning: Not Alongside Chemo
Dr. Hamm warns that dandelion root extract can negatively effect chemotherapy. If you are undergoing cancer treatment, consult with your medical practitioner about the supplements or food you are taking on a regular basis alongside your prescribed treatment.
- Marilyn Caylor. Scientists Find Root That Kills 98% Of Cancer Cells In Only 48 Hours http://healtheternally.com/1562/dandelion-weed-can-boost-your-immune-system-and-cure-cancer/?utm_source=shareably&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=main&src=shareably Published: September 21, 2016. Accessed: October 5, 2016.
- CBC News. Dandelion tea touted as possible cancer killer://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/dandelion-tea-touted-as-possible-cancer-killer-1.1129321 Published: February 16, 2012. Accessed: October 5, 2016.
- Pamela Ovadje, Caroline Hamm, Siyaram Pandey. Efficient Induction of Extrinsic Cell Death by Dandelion Root Extract in Human Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia (CMML) Cells. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0030604 Published: February 17, 2012. Accessed: October 5, 2016.
- Dr. Axe. Dandelion Tea for Liver Detox, Healthy Skin & Stomach. https://draxe.com/dandelion-tea/ Accessed: October 5, 2016.
A quick note from our founders
Can you eat chocolate on the Keto diet? Good news!
Now you can thanks to our
Download this free report today for instant access to 28 recipes for making delicious chocolate treats — all 100% Keto approved.
You won't be disappointed!