One of the most common concerns when going vegan is of course, where do you get your protein. A great protein powder helps boost post workout along with providing your essential and non-essential amino acids, BCAA’s that recovering muscles need.
This smoothie is so good and can fool any kid-detective looking for spinach in his/her smoothie. Zucchini blends down to a creamy texture. Plus zucchini has anti-inflammatory properties, high potassium, helps digestion along with being a great source of B vitamins.
Plus I find smoothies are easier to digest after a workout so my stomach is happier. I hope you give this recipe a try and report back letting me know what you think. This recipe makes one big smoothie (for me) or two smaller (for kids). Enjoy!
Dark Cherry Zucchini Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup of a nut based or other non-dairy milk
- ½ of a large zucchini, sliced quartered then sliced into chucks to blend easily
- ⅓ cup of frozen cherries, pitted
- 1 scoop of your favorite vegan protein powder (I used Vega Sport) chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax or flax and chia blend
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of your favorite nut butter
- ¼ cup of crushed ice
- Toppings are optional:
- Hemp hearts
- Cacao Nibs
- Add your ingredients to the blender in the order as listed.
- Blend on the smoothie setting or highest setting for about 45 seconds to 1 minutes or until completely blended.
- Pour into a large cup and top with your favorite toppings.
One note: I’ve been using a small banana in this smoothie but if I don’t, I use 1 tablespoon of nut butter for extra creaminess.
Shared with permission from our friends at Knead To Cook.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: