This article is shared with permission from our friends at Paleohacks.
This decadent coffee milkshake combines the richness of coffee with real cacao for an energy-boosting chocolate drink without the sugar crash.
If you find yourself heading to the coffee shop every morning to grab your favorite flavored beverage, give this healthier version a try. This chilled milkshake packs a dose of potassium and the natural sweetness of ripe banana, plus a boost of antioxidants from raw cacao powder. Top it all off with coconut whipped cream and you have a shake that rivals any coffee shop.
Raw cacao powder is an ingredient that belongs in any Paleo pantry. Cacao contains an abundance of phytochemicals, excellent for fighting off free radical damage in the body. It is also versatile in recipes and adds a ton of rich chocolate flavor to brownies, cookies, and drinks. Cacao powder can even be stirred into melted coconut oil to create a chocolate drizzle.
Start by combining ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. If you like your coffee milkshake icier, add a half cup of ice cubes.
Give your chocolate coffee milkshake a boost by adding any of these powerful ingredients…
- Turmeric– This wonder herb adds anti-inflammatory properties. Just make sure to add a pinch of pepper to help it absorb.
- Coconut oil– Add a dose of this MCT-rich oil for healthy fat and a touch of coconut flavor.
- Collagen peptides– For joint, bone and gut-healing benefits, add a tablespoon to your milkshake.
- Grass-fed protein powder- Turn your shake into pre- or post-workout fuel by adding a scoop of this protein-rich supplement to help muscles recover after a workout.
No Sugar, Naturally Sweet Dark Chocolate Coffee Milkshake
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2 oz shot of espresso, chilled
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 very ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup ice
- Coconut whipped cream,
- Shaved unsweetened dark chocolate
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
A quick note from our founders
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…