Sometimes people tend to think detoxing means having to go without. Focusing on what we can’t have rather than what we can introduce and gain from the experience.
Not all detoxification methods are intense, leave you starving or result in bingeing on the ‘forbidden’ foods and drinks afterwards. Our 3 Day Guided Detox is a gentle, nourishing way to introduce more wholesome foods and cleanse your body naturally.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
But there are also things you can do each day to help your body improve its natural detoxification systems. We’ve covered 10 of our favorites below:
10 Detox Methods That Actually Work
- Boost your glutathione production by including vitamin C rich foods in your diet every day! Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant in the body that helps drive toxins out of the body.
- Practice breathing deeply for at least 5 minutes a day. It helps you relax but also allows oxygen to circulate throughout your whole system helping to detox your cells.
- Reduce or eliminate foods and drinks that tend to cause sluggishness, poor digestion and contribute little to no nutrition e.g. alcohol, caffeinated drinks, cigarettes, refined sugars and processed foods.
- Switch to eco-friendly, natural household cleaners and personal health care products e.g. toothpaste, cleansers, deodorants. Better yet you can make your own for half the price of store-bought products!
- Eat foods rich in fiber to help support your body’s natural digestive detoxification pathway. Fresh fruits, vegetables including lots of leafy greens, avocado, and small amounts of high fiber whole grains or seeds such as quinoa, buckwheat, teff, and oats.
- Sweat it out. Exercise promotes detoxification via our perspiration. Work up a sweat in your favorite gym class or try a sauna session. As you exercise, blood circulates throughout the body bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to your organs and muscles, whilst toxins are released through the pores of your skin.
- Drink up. Drinking plenty of water each day helps to flush out toxins and waste from the body. Aim for 2 liters a day, which includes fruit and vegetables with a high water content, and herbal teas. Discover the amazing benefits of drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning.
- Cruciferous vegetables are amazing detoxifiers! Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and other vegetables from the same family provide a compound called sulforaphane, offering potent antioxidant activity that is anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer, helping to rid the body of harmful toxins and combat their negative effects. You can even make a super simple sauerkraut recipe with just 3 ingredients.
- Brush your body. Dry skin brushing is an easy and effective way to help improve the appearance of your skin by regenerating skin cells but also helps to stimulate blood circulation and the lymphatic system, improving toxin elimination.
- Massage it out. A great, firm massage focusing on pressure points within the body helps to release the toxins trapped in your tissues. When pressure is placed on these pressure points, the toxin buildup is broken down and released from it’s ‘sticking point’. Once they’ve been released, flushing the body out by drinking lots of water helps to expel these toxins from your body.
See, detoxing is not as daunting or restrictive as you may have thought! In fact, think of it as a little self-pampering.
This article was republished with permission from foodmatters.tv.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!