This article was written by Ronald Goedeke, a leading expert in anti-aging and alternative medicine. You can check out his website here!
How to make DIY herbal capsules for every type of health problem
Extremely popular in Chinese Medicine, herbs have been used to treat health problems for centuries and are considered part of a fundamental therapy for many acute and chronic conditions.
Our bodies are constantly working to be healthy, fighting against environmental toxins and the punishment we put them through. Herbs tend to help the body shift back to the healthy equilibrium it wants to be in, by aiding the removal of waste products and supporting optimal organ function.
As herbs are a food, they have nutritional value and should ideally be used as whole herbs when possible, rather than an individual herbal extract.
Some people may be put off exploring herbs because it seems complicated or they really struggle to stomach herbs and herbal teas as they can have very powerful tastes and smells. For those who don’t mind swallowing a pill, as an alternative, you can easily blend your own herbal remedies with fresh herbs and encapsulate them yourself to avoid the taste and the hassle of making an infusion or herbal tea every time you wish to take your herbs.
How to make your own herbal capsules
- A capsule machine
- Empty capsules
- Dried powdered herbs
- Mix together your desired blend of herbs by measuring out the correct amount and placing into a zip lock bag.
- Seal the bag and shake the herbs together until they are evenly mixed.
- Break apart your empty capsules and place the longer end into the base of capsule machine and the short end in the top.
- Put the base on a shallow plate and pour your herbal powder blend over the open capsules and gently spread the blend over the capsules using the enclosed card.
- Place the base on a flat surface and put the top (loaded with the other half of the capsules) on top of the base so the open capsule sides connect.
- Seal the capsules by simply pushing the top down carefully on the base until they have obviously joined.
- Remove the top and press down evenly and firmly to remove all the capsules.
Why Make Your Own?
By making your own herbal blends, you’ll not only save money but you’ll be able to choose the size of pill you’re comfortable with. You can avoid common pill fillers and actually get more of each herb in each pill compared to typical off the shelf blends where dosages may be restricted.
There are over a thousand different herbs that have some benefit to the human body so you will never run out of new combinations to try. However there are a few popular proven combinations that can help particular systems function better and target particular health concerns by supporting all the organs in the process.
Dried herbs can keep for a few years, however we recommend only making enough for a few months at a time as fresher herbs do have a higher potency and you’ll find these combinations helping you to a point where you might not need them anymore and wish to try a new one.
Source organic raw herbs wherever possible.
Each recipe makes 30 servings – Number of capsules per serving depends on capsule size choice.
Anti-inflammatory Blend for Pain and Swelling
- Turmeric powder (Curcuma longa) – 22.5 g
- Ginger powder (Zingiber officinale) – 9 g
- Black pepper – 1 g
- Boswellia – 12 g
- Devil’s Claw (root) – 6 g
Each single dose is 1680 mg
Sleep and Calming Blend
- Kava kava (Piper methysticum) – 12 g
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) – 6 g
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) – 18 g
- Hops (Humulus lupulus) – flower – 9 g
Each single dose: 1400 mg
- Ashwagandha – 12 g
- Mushroom (any of the following, or a combination) :Reshi, cordyceps, maitake, shitake – 6 g
- Olive leaf – 12 g
- Astragalus – 27 g
- Citrus bioflavonoids (dried citrus rind) – 10 g
Each single dose: 2200 mg
- Passionflower – 6 g
- Rhodiola Rosea – 6 g
- Lemon balm – 12 g
- Ashwagandha – 12 g
- St John’s wort – 12 g
Each single dose: 1600 mg
- Ashwagandha – 12 g
- Siberian Ginseng – 12 g
- Panax ginseng – 12 g
- Green tea – 12 g
- Gotu kola – 6 g
Each single dose: 1800 mg
Hopefully these herbal blends open up a whole new way of treating health problems and you get to experience the benefits of herbs, without the hassle and taste. There are thousands of herbal combinations to try out yourself but give some of these popular herbal blends a go for a few months and you’ll be grateful you did.
Remember to always look for natural remedies to your health concerns before reaching for pharmaceutical drugs as there is nearly always a much healthier way to help your body recover. Whether it be herbs, natural extracts or fresh fruit and vegetables, always start with nature.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!