Want to get rid of cellulite? Have silky, drool worthy, smooth skin? A firm and tone badonkadonk? The JLO glow? Of course ya do. Not only can dry body brushing help you with all of this, but it also increases lymphatic drainage and boosts your lymphatic system which will do wonders for your skin and internal health.
What is the lymphatic system?
Our skin is our largest organ. We both absorb and detox through our skin. Your lymphatic system is like your body’s internal filtration system. It’s job is to filter your blood and dispose of acidic and toxic waste. Without it our cells, tissue and organs would become overloaded with toxins. A sluggish or unhealthy lymph system could lead to a weakened immune system, chronic fatigue, aches and pains, bloating, cellulite, your body collecting fat deposits, poor digestion, fibromyalgia and so much dang more.
In order to have both external and internal health, you want to make sure you have an awesome lymph system that will remove as many toxins as possible. Your lymphatic system does NOT perform on it’s own, it NEEDS you to stimulate it. One of these ways is by dry body brushing.
Dry body brushing and cellulite
- Dry brushing is one of the most tried and tested methods of banishing cellulite. Cellulite is toxic material accumulated in your body’s fat cells; dry brushing does a fan-freaking-tastic job of increasing circulation and diminishing those fat cells.
- Dry body brushing buffs away those dead skin cells, encourages the growth of new ones and leaves you with smooth and brighter skin. Cha ching!
- It helps tone up your muscles, and encourages tighter skin via stimulation.
- Gives you a more even distribution of fat deposits.
- Get rids of clogged pores.
How to dry body brush
Try not to get too caught up in the specifics below. It’s more important to implement the habit than it is to do it perfectly.
- The first thing you need to do is go out and get yourself a natural body brush with a firm bristle. I recommend one with a removable handle for easier navigating.
- Ideally, the best time to do your body brushing is first thing in the morning, beforeyou shower. You’ll be using gentle, circular movements as you brush towards your heart.
- Start with the soles of your feet and work your way up your legs, then hands and arms.
- Then you’ll reach over and brush your buttocks, then back and around to the stomach. Brush your stomach in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Feel free to spend some extra time in any areas you like to give some extra love. If you hold cellulite in your thighs, then brush a little longer in that area for more stimulation.
- Avoid any tender areas or anywhere your skin is thin or damaged.
- Give your brush a wash regularly with warm water and a natural, mild soap. Rinse and leave it to air-dry.
Many health food and beauty stores carry a body brush. You can also easily get one from Amazon.com
This article was republished with permission from youngandraw.com.
A quick note from our founders
We wanted to tell you about a better and far easier way to get all your daily nutritional needs and then some into your diet...
It's so incredible, we've done the unthinkable. YES, we sold our juicers--never to juice again!
And NO we’re not spending good money on outrageously expensive smoothies at those high-priced franchises or shots of wheatgrass at $5 a pop.
No this is way easier and cheaper…
In fact, each serving takes just 30 seconds to make and contains all your daily nutrition needs and more-- and at the same time, costs JUST $1.36 per serving.
You can make a glass in a snap, with water or almond milk and just a spoon or a water bottle.
Maybe best of all, each serving contains no sugar and there's no gag-reflex from the yucky taste of the dreaded green foam : )
Check out our new inexpensive, juicer-free juicing method