Most of the time, if I’m being completely honest, my go-to lunch or dinner is a big salad. Why? Salads give me the most bang for their buck. They require minimal effort (especially if you’ve prepped some veggies earlier in the week), and they’re full of healthy ingredients and flavours. Fibre, antioxidants, protein, phytonutrients, healthy fats, salads can have it all.
As for the dressing, this one is meant to be fast and easy. Whisk all the ingredients together with a fork and pour on top right before eating. If this is a main course salad (as mine usually are), you may want to add a protein. Grilled chicken, chickpeas or black beans would make excellent options.
Easy Chopped Salad with Avocado and Hearts of Palm
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: Makes 2 large servings or 4 side servings
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped, washed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can (398ml) hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 6 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- raw honey to taste (optional)
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.