Most of the time, if I’m being completely honest, my go-to lunch or dinner is a big salad. Why? Salads give me the most bang for their buck. They require minimal effort (especially if you’ve prepped some veggies earlier in the week), and they’re full of healthy ingredients and flavours. Fibre, antioxidants, protein, phytonutrients, healthy fats, salads can have it all.
As for the dressing, this one is meant to be fast and easy. Whisk all the ingredients together with a fork and pour on top right before eating. If this is a main course salad (as mine usually are), you may want to add a protein. Grilled chicken, chickpeas or black beans would make excellent options.
Easy Chopped Salad with Avocado and Hearts of Palm
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: Makes 2 large servings or 4 side servings
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped, washed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 can (398ml) hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 6 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- raw honey to taste (optional)
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!