We’re committed to offering our readers the best possible information to help everyone live and enjoy a happier and healthier life. This means that we’re always searching for the next solution for any of life’s many problems and exploring it in a way that best applies to your everyday life.
Sometimes, there is content that’s perfect just the way it is. In this case, we are very lucky to be collaborating with the people behind this valuable article and have been granted permission to republish it. We encourage you to visit their website at the end of this post.
What if I told you there’s a simple wellness trick that only takes five minutes a day, costs nothing, and helps cleanse your body, inside and out? Dry skin brushing has a number of health benefits and is so simple to do.
So how does it work?
Your skin, the largest organ in the human body is an organ of elimination. One third of your body’s toxins are excreted through the skin and dry brushing helps to unclog pores and excrete toxins that become trapped in the skin.
To get started, follow the simple steps below:
- Purchase a natural (not synthetic) bristle brush with a long handle so can reach all areas of your body.
- Get naked and stand in a bathtub or tiled surface to catch the falling skin. (It’s a bit gross, I know.)
- Begin brushing by starting at your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart. Always brush toward your heart.
- Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go.
- Take care as you brush over more sensitive areas, like breasts. Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower. (I like to alternate between the hottest water temperature I can tolerate and the coldest. This stimulates blood circulation, bringing more blood to the top layers of the skin.)
- After getting out of the shower, pat dry skin and apply a natural fruit oil like rose hip or coconut oil.
- Continue to dry brush your entire body every day. Twice a day is recommended for best results. Remember to clean your brush with soap and water once a week. Leave to dry in a clean, sunny spot to avoid any mildew accumulation on your brush.
Try this for 30 days and see the results for yourself!
To see the health benefits of skin brushing, please click here.
This article was republished with permission from Mind Body Green you can find the original article here.
Image source: http://www.blossomjar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/body-brushing-how-to.jpg
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!