You can balance your hormones by balancing the things you put in your mouth. In fact, if you’re looking for easy ways to lose weight, dietary changes may be the missing link in your health issues and hormonal balance!
Hormonal fluctuations, in general, are normal. However, when your hormones go awry, it can have detrimental effects on your mind and body. Small changes, such as adding more healthy saturated fats (with the help of these recipes below) are a surefire way to ensure that you’re giving your hormonal health all the attention and love it deserves.
Hormonal Balancing and Blood Sugar
Balancing your hormones is a delicate equation. Hormones are chemical messengers that are highly interdependent on one another. These include insulin, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone, just to name a few.
Junk foods, especially those high in sugar, stimulate the pancreas to release insulin. Insulin’s job is to lower blood sugar by moving it from your cells to be used as energy or stored for later use. When you eat too many insulin-stimulating foods, your blood sugar lowers. Therefore, your thyroid and hormonal health are directly dependent on your blood sugar levels, and by extension, your diet.
Importance of Healthy Fats for your Hormones (and Easy Weightloss)
To stabilize your blood sugar, and therefore, balance your hormones, healthy fats are essential.
Eating foods, in short, medium and long-chain fatty acids is essential to keeping your hormones in check. Healthy saturated fats are key building blocks for hormone production while keeping your blood sugar and inflammation low! Load up on rich sources of natural omega-3 fats to balance both estrogen and progesterone levels.
Easy Ways to Lose Weight: Fat-Fuelled Breakfast Options
If you’re just starting to make these dietary changes, it may be a bit challenging and seem like “easy weightloss” isn’t easy. But have heart. The more you commit to these changes, the quicker you’ll see those results. Now for the fun part – try all of these delicious recipes yourself!
This fat-rich morning elixir will keep your blood sugar stable, your immune system humming and your skin glowy!
What You Need
- 1-2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Collagen from Great Lakes
- 1 tablespoon Dandy Blend
- 1 tablespoon Elixir or Cacao Powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (if you want a little more fat love!)
- Honey or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 2 cups hot water
What to Do
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Fat-Rich Avocado Green Smoothie
This is a smoothie your hormones will thank you for! Loaded with healthy fats and greens that put the “easy” in easy weight loss, this is must.
What You Need
- ½ small California avocado
- 1½ cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
What to Do
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy! Serve chilled.
Coconut Oil Maca Hormone Smoothie
This superfood green smoothie is your hormone’s new best friend. Filled with hormone-balancing foods like maca powered, chia seeds and coconut oil, this is the perfect way to start off the day!
What You Need
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons raw Spirulina
- 2 teaspoons raw Maca powder
- 2 teaspoons Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
What To Do
- Put water, sesame seeds and hulled hemp in the blender, and process on high speed for one minute, to obtain raw milk.
- Add spirulina, maca, chia, coconut oil and banana, and process on medium speed for one more minute, to incorporate.
- Drink on an empty stomach.
If you enjoyed these healthy smoothies, try these 5 Quick and Easy Breakfast Smoothies.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: