This article was shared with permission from www.naturallivingideas.com
How many times have you have suffered from a throbbing headache only to grab for something over the counter to ease the pain? Truth be told, these medications can be dangerous and are often not effective. For tension headaches or even the odd migraine, why not try something entirely natural for relief?
There are many benefits to choosing an all-natural remedy for your pain. This incredibly easy balm is an excellent way to relax and reduce pain without the worry of ingesting chemical substances that can have dangerous side-effects.
Shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil make the base of this soothing balm that can be applied topically to your temples and back of the neck. Here is a breakdown of the healing essential oils contained in this recipe.
Breakdown of The Healing Essential Oils
The medicinal use of peppermint oil dates back to the Egyptians where vials of the oil have been found in pyramids. Known as a natural pain killer and muscle relaxant, peppermint is an aromatic oil that helps to reduce inflammation and even headaches caused by tension or spasms.
Just a slight whiff of lavender is all that is needed to promote relaxation. Since many headaches are the result of tension and stress, lavender oil is a very helpful addition to this balm. According to a 2012 study published in European Neurology, lavender essential oil is a safe and natural way to manage migraine headaches.
Tea Tree Oil
Often referred to as Melaleuca, tea tree oil is jam-packed with therapeutic properties. Most commonly used to treat scrapes, burns, and abrasions, tea tree has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and swelling associated with all types of headaches.
This oil is well known for its ability to reduce congestion and pain. Adding a bit to your balm will contribute to reducing pain and swelling due to sinus congestion. It also works in tandem with lavender and peppermint to reduce stress and tension.
Headache Relief Balm
- 3 tablespoons shea butter (buy it here)
- 3 tablespoons beeswax (buy it here)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (buy it here)
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil (buy it here)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil (buy it here)
- 15 drops tea tree essential oil (buy it here)
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil (buy it here)
If you need all four of the essential oils in the recipe, it would be more cost effective to purchase this Top 6 USDA Certified Organic Essential Oils Set from Plant Therapy. It includes the four oils required above as well as Lemon and Sweet Orange Essential Oil.
- Small containers with a lid (such as these)
- Get the containers ready and set aside.
- Photo #1: Measure the shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oils.
- Photo #2: Put the oils in a microwavable glass bowl. Heat for just 45 seconds to 1 minute until completely melted.
- Photo #3: Allow the mix to cool for a few minutes. When the bowl is no longer hot to the touch, add the essential oils.
- Photo #4: Pour the mix into your containers and let cool. You can also place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden the mix.
- To use simply rub a tiny amount into the temples, onto your forehead or the back of your neck to instantly soothe your headache.
Here are a couple more great remedies for headaches!
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: