If you’re looking to take control of your garden when it comes to pests look no further. I know and you know that nothing ruins a nice garden like unwanted visitors. Traditionally people would have gone out and bought a can of poison, but not you, because you know better. If you want to get rid of insects that intrude your garden, here’s how to make a borax and essential oil insect repellent.
How To Repel Insects Naturally
Use Essential Oils
Finding the perfect alternative for your problem is hard, but not impossible. There are organic essential oils that can help you with your problem. Go out and buy yourself a pistol-grip squirt bottle. After you’ve bought your squirt bottle, mix a few essential oil drops with some water, and make sure you mix it well before using it.
After you’ve filled your pistol-grip squirt bottle with your key ingredients begin firing away at the pests that are controlling your garden. These essential oil insect repellents will leave your garden looking beautiful and most importantly pest free.
Here are 5 specific types of essential oils that target certain insects:
- Flies can be taken care of using lavender, peppermint, rosemary, and sage.
- Beetles will fall helplessly to peppermint and thyme.
- Ants don’t stand a chance against peppermint and spearmint.
- Caterpillars will wither away with the help of spearmint and peppermint.
- Fleas won’t last a moment if you use peppermint, lemongrass, sage, and thyme.
All of these oils are great for taking care of the most annoying bugs you’ll find in your garden on a daily basis. Use these oils as insect repellents as well. You can rub these oils on your clothes before going outside. That’s what I do and it works great. Don’t let bugs ruin your plants and kick you out of the garden.
The sole purpose of these essential oils is to save your plants without harming them using chemicals. The old way of doing things is over, no more hurting your garden with disgusting chemicals and pesticides.
Borax is the commercial name of sodium tetraborate decahydrate, a mineral that naturally occurs in mines and is extracted and used as a cleaning product. (1) Borax repels many insects including fleas, silverfish, beetles, cockroaches, ants, and grain weevils.
You can put borax inside or outside your home and in the garden.
- If you’re using it inside your home and you’re not sure where the insects come from, your goal is to make them take some borax to their nest which will kill all of them. Just mix one teaspoon of borax with two tablespoons of sugar and peanut butter, and one teaspoon of water in a container and put it near where you see the insects.
- You can also apply a thin dusting of borax where you see cockroaches which will stick to their legs and eventually kill them.
- You can do the same for your garden, but instead of applying it on the soil, make a bait by mixing borax with a sweet substance and put it near your produce.
Another One of Our Favorite Ant Repellent Recipes
Borax and boric acid are basically the same; whereas borax is mined and refined from tourmaline, kernite, and colemanite, boric acid is mined from the mineral sassolite… which is what this recipe requires! It’s similar to the first repellent, so it’ll be easy to prepare.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp boric acid
- 3 cups warm water
- Cotton balls
- Small container or cap of an old medicine bottle
All you have to do next is follow these steps:
- Mix the sugar with the boric acid until combined
- Add warm water and stir until liquid is clump-free
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and place it in the container or cap
- Put it where you’ve spotted the most ants (usually, this means in corners and beside doors)
Within a few hours (and almost definitely a day), you can expect the boric acid-sugar mixture to draw them in and take care of them once and for all.
Disclaimer: Borax can irritate your skin, so remember to wear gloves to protect your hands when you use it.
Finish Them Off The Right Way
If you want the best looking garden you’ve got to use the best products, and in this case, essential oils and borax are the best products. Your garden deserves better and so do you. Think about what you’re doing; you’re not only saving money, you’re also saving the environment.
Use these tricks to protect your pets as well. Your pets deserve just as much care as your garden. Annoying insects are well known for doing some serious damage to animals and frankly, this cannot be tolerated.
Making a borax or an essential oil insect repellent will save you the headache of dealing with insects that clearly don’t care about how hard you work to grow and care for your beautiful garden. The next time you find yourself staring at a destroyed crop you’ll have a healthy and organic solution to free those insects of their distasteful errors. No more panicking and no more sleepless nights, fix this annoying problem one insect at a time.
I know that this works, and I know that you’re looking for a healthy way to get rid of those buggers. Start today, go and get yourself a few different essential oils. Go home, load up that squirt gun and start sending those insects back to where they came from.
No more struggling to keep up with hungry insects, that garden is for you and your family. Visit Aroma Essence if you want more information on the power of essential oils.
(1) Borax as an Insect Repellent. (n.d.). In SFGATE.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:Lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days by eating these foods daily
(upgrades you to level 4 fat burning status)