While baths are known for being relaxing and soothing, many people just don’t have the time to take one!
Showers, on the other hand, are quick, easy, and get the job done. But sometimes you want something a little more luxurious and relaxing. The steam alone is good, but sometimes it just isn’t enough!
DIY Shower Disk
Wondering how to make your next shower the best one you’ve ever had?
With a shower disk! It’s like a bath bomb, but for your shower. You simply put one on the floor when you go to have a shower and it dissolves slowly, allowing you to breathe in their cleansing goodness.
They help the steam clean your lungs and sinuses, and can boost your immune system. Plus, the scent they give off is absolutely delightful.
They’re quick and easy to make (should take less than half an hour) and use pretty common ingredients. You can make a big batch and enjoy steamy, pleasant smelling, cleansing showers for weeks.
Materials/Ingredients (for one Shower Disk)
- A muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3-4 drops of your preferred essential oils (eucalyptus and lavender, or rosemary or peppermint, whatever you prefer or have on hand. Use this helpful infographic to always practice essential oil safety)
- In a glass bowl, mix the cornstarch, baking soda, and water with a fork. You want a thick paste, but one that still pours. Just add a little more water if you need to.
- Then pour the paste into muffin tins. You should aim to fill them about ¼ full.
- Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once they’ve cooled down, you can add 3-4 drops of essential oil to the top of each one. Lavender is great for relaxation. Eucalyptus supports a healthy respiratory system and helps with moisturizing your skin (though is not recommended for children under 10). A drop of peppermint gives off a nice aroma (if you like the smell of peppermint, of course).
- Once they’ve fully dried, store them in an airtight container and have them ready for your next shower! Just be careful when you set it on the shower floor so you don’t trip. They also make a great DIY gift if you package them up prettily.
DIY Shower Disks to Help Support the Lungs. (2017, February 19). Retrieved from http://stuffparentsneed.com/diy-shower-disks-to-help-support-the-lungs/
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes