Your hair is one of your most defining characteristics. Getting your first haircut was a really big deal. You’ve dyed it, curled it, braided it, cried over it, taken pictures of it. You and your hair have been through a lot over the years. But what if you notice you’re starting to lose it? Don’t fret, just yet! There are a number of reasons you might be experiencing hair loss, but there’s also an effective method to undo it.
Why Am I Losing My Hair?
- Stress or anxiety. According to a study done by Western Kentucky University, “women who experience high stress are 11 times more likely to experience hair loss” than women who aren’t stressed.
- Vitamin D deficiency. Research has shown that vitamin D is necessary for maintaining the health of hair follicles. Without it, hair can fall out easily.
- Hypothyroidism is also associated with hair loss. When hypothyroidism is treated, it has been found that regular hair growth is also restored.
- Vitamin B6 deficiency. A 2001 study showed that women with thinning hair who took vitamin B6 supplements for a 20-30 day period experienced notable improvement in hair growth.
- Dermatologists warn that many hairstyling habits are actually damaging your hair and may cause hair thinning. Some common mistakes are excessive brushing and combing, manipulating hair while it’s still very wet, using flat irons and blow dryers on high heat, and wearing tight ponytails or braids every day.
There are two major types of hair loss. Alopecia areata happens when your immune system begins to reject your hair follicles. When it’s severe, it looks like small bald patches which appear all over your body. A milder symptom is hair falling out very easily.
The second major type of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia. This is a hereditary type of hair loss, which can look like a receding hairline or thinning hair around the crown of your head.
Regardless of the cause of your hair loss, you can use essential oils to treat it. Not to mention, if you know that hair thinning runs in your family, you can start using essential oils to keep your hair healthy, and prevent thinning before it starts. The best kinds of hair-growth essential oils are lavender, rosemary, thyme, and cedarwood. You can use one, or a mixture of these, on your scalp every day with a super easy homemade scalp treatment.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
DIY Scalp Treatment
What You Need:
- 3-6 drops of lavender essential oils (you can substitute or mix with rosemary, thyme, and cedarwood)
- 1 tablespoon carrier oil (like grape seed oil or jojoba oil)
What to Do:
- Mix your essential and carrier oils together and pour on your hands
- Massage directly onto your scalp, focusing on any problem areas
Each of these essential oils smells fantastic, so using this scalp treatment every day is a real treat. We suggest applying it at night just before bed, so you can benefit from the calming effects of lavender and cedarwood. Who needs hair-loss causing stress, when you can relax every night with natural fragrances?
Note: If you’re experiencing hair loss while you’re pregnant, don’t attempt to treat it until after your baby is born. Stay safe!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!