This article was republished with permission from fitnessrepublic.com.
Joint pain’s all too common. In one survey conducted on a national level, about one-third of adults specified having joint pain within the past 30 days. As people get older, joint pain becomes more frequent and pain intensity increases. However, there are several ways to deal with joint pain and one of them is exercise. Throughout this article, we will name six easy exercise tips that will help you fix your joint pain.
Types of Joint Pain
It’s very important to remember not all joint pains are the same; there are several joint pain types such as:
It is sometimes called degenerative arthritis because it occurs when cartilage wears off which results with bones rubbing against each other. When cartilage wears away, it causes pain and stiffness. This condition usually occurs in people who are older than 50.
It happens when too much synovial fluid is produced within the joint space. Then, synovial fluid thickens and causes chronic inflammation that has a negative impact on cartilage. This condition affects women more than men.
Usually develops after an injury to the joint after which the cartilage and the bone didn’t heal adequately.
Occurs when bone is deprived of blood supply. If the bone doesn’t get much-needed nutrients from the blood, it weakens and causes the damage in cartilage. Another cause of this condition is a direct injury to the particular joint.
Is a bone disease that usually affects one’s hip.
Other joint pain types include strains and sprains. Moreover, joint pain may be the result of bursitis, gout, etc.
Exercise Tips to Ease Your Joint Pain
Although you feel like moving and physical activity won’t help ease your suffering from joint pain you must remember that exercise can, indeed, ease the pain. Lying in bed all day, waiting for the pain to go away will only worsen the joint pain. Here are some exercise tips that you can use to ease your pain:
- According to experts, exercises that include soft stretches can help easing the joint pain. Therefore, squats are ideal. The more you improve your ability to squat, the more you reduce the pain. If you are unable to do this exercise, you can ask a personal trainer to introduce some modifications that you can use and perform this exercise easier.
- Cardio exercises are associated with the reduction of joint pain in knees and back. Experts suggest exercise that doesn’t cause pain while you are performing it. The best way to do cardio when you are suffering from joint pain is first to walk and start running gradually.
- Swimming or performing exercises in water can be beneficial for your pain. The buoyancy of water reduces stress on your joints. Every move or exercise you perform in water causes less impact on your joint than exercising in your home or gym.
- Yoga or Pilates – low-impact modalities can help you ease joint pain without causing too much stress to your body. Moreover, yoga is well-known for series of postures that you can do and connect your mind, body, and soul. Yoga and Pilates create balance and flexibility around joints.
- Alternate upper and lower body exercises – bouncing back and forth between upper body exercises and lower body exercises eases the joint pain because muscles and joints in upper or lower body have more time to relax.
- Modify the range of motion – shortening the range of motion eases joint pain. This method works perfectly for both upper and lowers body exercises.
Can I Use Supplements to Relieve The Pain?
People with joint pain consider taking vitamins or joint pain relief supplements to deal with their condition. These supplements promise to eliminate joint pain but before you purchase any of them you should consider a few things:
- Did manufacturer conduct any research to prove the claims written on a label?
- Did product go through strict controls and inspections?
- Is there a USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) that indicates the product is a high standard?
Moreover, you should consult your doctor prior any purchase and ask for their recommendation.
What else you should know about the joint pain
Here are Some Joint Pain Facts that You Should Know:
- More than 43 million people suffer from physician-diagnosed arthritis
- It usually affects people older than 50, but condition can occur in young people too
- Contrary to popular belief, there is NO scientific evidence that rain and the damp weather worsens the joint pain.
- Hot and cold treatment can help with joint pain as well. Applying heat in the morning relaxes muscles that move stiff joints while applying ice at night reduces inflammation.
- Popping knuckles doesn’t cause arthritis.
There are several joint pain types and this condition can occur due to several reasons. It is important to be physically active and do various exercises that will ease joint pain.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: