I want to one day live in a world where I can walk down the health and wellness aisle of a store, and trust that anything I pick up is telling the truth! Apparently in this day and age, that is far too much to ask.
Do you shop at Walgreens, Walmart, GNC or Target?
Well, you might want to rethink your choice to buy supplements at these 4 national retailers. In 2015 these stores were exposed for selling bogus, potentially harmful herbal supplements to their customers. These “supplements” that claim to be full of healthy herbal mixtures are in fact full of “cheap fillers” that include:
- – Common house plants
- – Radish
- – Wheat
- – Soy
- – Beans
- – Peas
- – Legumes
- – Rice
This mislabeling has caused many trusting Americans to buy these rip-off supplements in hopes of a healthier diet. One of the most alarming facts about the mislabeling is that many of the “filler” ingredients are common allergens!
The 4 Bogus Supplements:
1. GNC Herbal Supplements
Some GNC brand supplements have been proven to contain soybeans and peanuts; both common allergens!
2. Target’s St John’s Wort, Valerian Root and Ginkgo Biloba
These 3 “herbal supplements” contained ZERO herbal ingredients. Instead, they were stuffed with beans, carrots, peas and rice.
3. Walmart’s Memory-Boosting Ginkgo Biloba
This popular supplement contained radishes and wheat. To top it off, this specific supplement claimed to be gluten-free and wheat-free!
4. Walgreen’s Ginseng Supplements
This particular pill contained zero trace of ginseng, and instead consisted of powdered rice and garlic.
How to Choose a Good Supplement
- Purchase it from a health food store, not a drugstore
- Don’t just go for the cheapest option
- Get recommendations from a practitioner. They can tell you the right dose and type (e.g. there are over 6 types of magnesium! A doctor can help you know you’re getting the right one or the one that’s most absorbable)
- Avoid supplements loaded with too many fillers or binders (one or two is alright, but shouldn’t be a laundry list)
- Avoid supplements with artificial colors and dyes
To read more, visit the full article at Active Beat.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.