This article is shared with permission from our friends at Paleohacks.com.
Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
These 5-ingredient coconut oil fat bombs melt in your mouth and pack a dose of energy!
With the myth of low-fat diets being widely dispelled, healthy fats like coconut oil have come out of hiding and into the forefront of a nutrient-dense diet. Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are more easily utilized by the body to help combat ailments like heart disease. Coconut oil is also versatile enough to use in both sweet recipes like brownies and more savory dishes like curry. We love this coconut oil brand by Nutiva.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
For this recipe, coconut oil acts as the glue that keeps everything soft and chewy. Best of all, these mini treats can be assembled quickly and easily!
Start by adding coconut oil, shredded coconut, honey and vanilla bean in a blender (real vanilla bean powder can be found in the seasoning section at most grocery stores). Pulse the ingredients until well combined and crumbly. Using a tablespoon, scoop out mixture and use your hands to form into round balls. Not to worry if the balls aren’t sticking together at this point–the mixture will harden when cooled. Pop the bombs into the freezer for 10 minutes and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
The flavor of these bite-sized sweets is a mix of refreshing coconut and dark chocolate–similar to Mounds bars without all the sugar and processed ingredients. They make a great on-the-go snack when you need a midday energy boost or for those late night cravings.
Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Baking sheet or plate
- Wax paper
- Double boiler
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 ounces raw dark chocolate chips
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla bean powder, optional
- In a blender, add shredded coconut, coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla bean powder. Blend until mixture is fine and crumbled.
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with wax paper. Using a tablespoon-size measuring spoon, scoop mixture and form into small mounds, using your hands. Set onto wax paper. Place in freezer 10 minutes to set.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth. Use a butter knife to drizzle coconut bombs with chocolate. Place back into the refrigerator to set 10 minutes. Store your coconut oil fat bombs in the refrigerator and enjoy whenever you’d like!
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!