This awesome post was written by Alina Islam, a wonderful Certified Nutritional Practitioner from Toronto, Canada. She is a writer, speaker and nutritional consultant. You can read more of her work at AlinaIslam.com or follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Who likes to snooze? I like to snooze. As winter rolls aroud (who am I kidding, it’s here), a make-ahead breakfast like this is a keeper. It lets me smush my face into the pillow saying “I don’t wanna I don’t wanna” a little while longer.
I called this recipe “mushroom & egg breakfast”, because really, you can make it a scrambled egg, an omelette or a frittata (pictured above). And you can also serve it with whole grain toast (I use Silver Hills gluten-free chia bread), or even a bed of quinoa.
Eggs are an awesome choice for breakfast because they’re high in protein. In fact, eggs have the highest protein quality of any other food (even beating chicken and beef). Protein and fibre both boost your metabolism in the morning, so if you’re looking for a breakfast that helps with fat burning…hello!
Mushroom & Egg Breakfast
- 2 cups small cremini mushrooms (you can use any other mushroom, I just chose them because they looked the cutest.)
- 1/6 of a small package of goat cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 large collard green leaves
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- Cut collard green leaves into ribbons (roll up the collard leaves so it looks like a rolling pin, then slice along the shorter side. The result is little green ribbons).
- Crack eggs and beat together. De-stem and slice mushrooms.
- Mix together eggs, collard leaves and mushrooms.
- Take little bits of goat cheese and plop into mixture, spread evenly throughout.
- Heat coconut oil on a frying pan on medium-high heat
- Once melted, place mixture into frying pan, for about 5 minutes
- Hit the broil setting on your oven. (Yes, you finally get to use it!)
- Place pan into the oven to broil for 3-4 minutes, until fully cooked
- Remove from heat. Slice into four pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, chili flakes and black pepper to taste. Serve on organic, sprouted, whole grain or gluten-free toast. You can also serve this on a bed of warm quinoa.
- Can keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Warm up a slice in the oven whenever you need one.
This article was republished with permission from Alina Islam.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!