This amazing article was written by Breanne Kallonen! We encourage you to check out her website and follow her on Facebook and Instagram! You can take advantage of her 6-week program, Weight Loss on the Wild Side, so you can reset your body to its desired “factory” fat burning settings and restore your metabolism, no matter your age, fitness level, or current diet. Click here to sign up.
When eating less and exercising more is no longer working, and you’ve tried everything to lose weight without success, the reality is you likely have tanked your metabolism.
For years the fitness industry has promoted this type of lifestyle. The issue is that this ultimately will lead to some serious health issues. Not only will your body tend to burn sugar more than fat you risk developing thyroid disorders and adrenal fatigue.
Over exercising, specifically doing, high-intensity exercises and under-eating does initially produce weight loss, but over time these results become increasingly harder to maintain. This is when your body goes into “starvation” mode, with the goal of conserving energy. These “insane” workouts combined with under-eating puts added stress on your body, causing it to release cortisol.
Too much cortisol makes it hard for you to sleep and kills your energy levels. This lifestyle also reduces your thyroid hormone, tanking your metabolism & weight loss. High cortisol and low thyroid hormones is a recipe for low energy and weight gain.
So as you’ve come to realize, burning fat is not as simple as calories in less, than calories burnt. It is also not as simple as spending hours over exercising in the gym. If you have been following these concepts and have not lost weight, then your internal physiology needs a reset.
To accomplish this, you first need to lower your total inflammation. Reducing inflammation (and thus stress) can be accomplished by consuming a clean diet that is high in nutrients. A fat burning diet should provide all the necessary building blocks your body requires for optimal health.
Still, clients come to be who have been eating “clean” and still are struggling to burn fat and stay lean. Unfortunately, for many eating “clean” is not enough for people who have tried everything with little to no success.
It’s, for this reason, I developed the Weight Loss on the Wild Side program – a unique 6-week program that includes a realistic, evidence-based approach, to sustainable fat loss. My strategies are NOT quick fixes but aim to reset your metabolism and help you lose up to 5 lbs per week and stay lean for life.
Eating less and killing yourself by over exercising in the gym is not the answer. In fact, this increases your perceived stress which causes more inflammation and makes matters worse!
The 5 Required Fat-Loss Elements
- Strategically cycling carbohydrate & caloric intake. To download my FREE carb cycling & intermittent fasting guide click here.
- Consume the Right Foods at the Right time for the Right reasons.
- Eating adequate protein for lean muscle growth.
- Exercising more intelligently.
- Improving your bodies resiliency to stress.
If any one of these key elements is missing, you simply won’t get very far. However, when you have my 5 elements working for you, your body feels balanced and can switch to “burning” mode. This reset of your metabolism is key to releasing fat more easily.
Once this occurs, you can break through stubborn plateaus, restore hormone balance, regain control of your cravings, and feel more energized and happier. If you have been spinning your wheels, working out intensely for several hours per week, eating small meals several times a day; it is time to hop off the hamster wheel.
Following my 5 elements to successful fat loss will help you shed weight around the midsection, increase your energy levels and stabilize your mood. Not to mention, your hormone levels and thyroid will thank you.
Here are some of the perks that clients who have already tried the program love about it:
- Previously working with a personal coach, but the knowledge and practice this program offers is what helped reach weight loss goals
- Completing the program relieved PMS symptoms
- It’s manageable: easy meal planning and practical fitness routines that can be done at home
- This approach teaches how to make sustainable changes, not quick fixes
- There are noticeable quality of life changes like sleeping better, fewer mood swings, and managing stress better
7 Fat-Burning & Metabolism Myths That Are Sabotaging your Success
There is an overwhelming amount of “how to lose weight” information being forced upon you. Sadly, much of this information includes “quick fixes” or utter nonsense that is ineffective. Some of the information I read these days is even way out of date and potentially dangerous.
Have you ever been told that…
- Losing weight is as simple as eating less food and exercising more.
- You need to eat as soon you wake up to get your metabolism going.
- Consuming 5-6 mini meals a day keeps will help you burn more calories and lose more weight.
- You need to perform intense cardio and burn a lot of calories.
- Lifting weights will make you bulky.
- Fasting will put your body into “starvation” mode and cause you to put on extra fat.
- You should be strictly focusing on counting calories.
I am so sad when I hear my clients have been following these completely FALSE pieces of health advice. An effective fat burning lifestyle must address the underlying cause of the weight gain and provide you with a holistic plan that is scientifically supported by research.
To optimize your health, I believe in mastering the fundamentals – a solid nutrition plan, stress management, daily movement, and community. And that’s what I am all about- giving you real, evidence-based resources to empower you to achieve real results.
If you want to learn more about how the Weight Loss on the Wild Side program can reset your body to its desired “factory” fat burning settings and restore your metabolism, no matter your age, fitness level, or current diet, then click here.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!