A lot of people think they could “never give up bread.”
No surprise – bread is delicious, and it was probably a dietary staple for most of us growing up. It’s also fairly toxic. For many people, gluten (and therefore bread) links to gut inflammation, brain fog, weight gain, and autoimmune disease. To top it off, wheat is especially susceptible to mold growth and mycotoxin contamination, which brings with it a whole host of health problems, from hormone disruption to cancer. No wonder so many people are going gluten-free. 
As the gluten-free diet grows in popularity, so does the rise of gluten-free, low carb bread (no pun intended). Often, though, gluten-free bread is no better than the loafs they imitate. They usually have an equally high glycemic load and contain ingredients derived from corn, potatoes, or soy. But what if you could have your bread and eat it, too?
That’s where Bulletproof bread – keto, low carb bread – comes in. It’s pure fat and protein, so it’ll keep you in a fat-burning, energy-producing ketogenic state (you can read up on ketosis here). It’s also a near-perfect replacement for normal bread, from texture to taste. Try it with butter, serve a burger on it, make a BLT with it – it’s firm and chewy enough to stand in for bread in pretty much any recipe.
Oh, and did I mention it’s only three ingredients?
Bulletproof Bread Recipe For Keto, Low Carb Bread
Makes 1 Loaf
- 6 pastured eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup of grass-fed Bulletproof Whey Protein
- Grass-fed butter (to grease pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Use middle rack and remove any racks above as bread will expand while baking.
- Generously butter a loaf pan/dish with grass-fed butter. (Side note: If possible, use a ceramic pan. The bread will cook evenly without sticking, and a ceramic pan won’t leach chemicals like Teflon cookware will).
- Beat 6 egg whites until stiff peaks form – a hand mixer on high works well. Really beat the whites until the peaks are VERY stiff. If you don’t beat them enough, they’ll collapse when you add the whey and egg yolks, and you’ll end up with a Styrofoam-like concoction. Yuck.
- Add a ½ cup of Bulletproof Whey Protein and the 6 yolks, blend gently on low just until fully incorporated. The batter will be fluffy.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely. The loaf will sink to a normal height.
- Once fully cooled, release from the dish, slice, and serve.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Reheating recommendation: Heat a skillet to medium-high and add ghee or grass-fed butter, sear bread slices in skillet until lightly toasted on each side, about 30 seconds per side. Do not overheat.
- Keep in mind that oxidized cholesterol from the cooked egg yolks can cause a little inflammation, so don’t eat this every day. Stick to every few days, if you can control yourself.
This article was republished with permission from bulletproofexec.com.
 Specter, M. (2014, November 3). What’s So Bad About Gluten? Retrieved from http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/03/grain
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily:Lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days by eating these foods daily
(upgrades you to level 4 fat burning status)