If you’re a fan of broccoli soup, you’ll love this veggie-packed broccoli and “cheese” bread!
Hearty and flavorful, a side of this cheesy bread is exactly what your dinner table needs! Grain-free, nut-free and 100% Paleo, all you need is six ingredients to make it.
Broccoli rice makes the base of this recipe. Yes, it’s just like the cauliflower kind, just in broccoli form! To make it, simply toss fresh broccoli florets into a high-speed blender and pulse until it resembles the texture of rice.
Tip: You can add a half teaspoon of water to the blender to prevent it from sticking to the sides of the blender.
Since cheese always goes so well with broccoli, we added nutritional yeast for a touch of “cheesy” flavor. It’s perfect for keeping this recipe dairy-free!
Pro tip: Be sure to measure the coconut flour properly by spooning the flour into a measuring cup. Scooping directly from the measuring cup may yield almost double the amount (since this method usually packs in the flour tightly), resulting in dry bread. Measuring coconut flour properly ensures the bread will come out super soft, fluffy and moist!
Use a standing mixer to make prepping this bread super easy. Simply mix the riced broccoli with eggs, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, tapioca powder and the measured coconut flour until well combined. Then, pour the mixture into a parchment paper lined baking pan and bake for 35 minutes!
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Serve this Paleo broccoli and cheese bread as a side dish at dinner, grab it for a quick breakfast on the go, or even use it as sandwich bread!
Paleo ‘Cheesy’ Broccoli Bread
If you’re a fan of broccoli soup, you’ll love this veggie-packed broccoli and “cheese” bread.
Recipe by: Megan Olson
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: 1 Loaf
- 9”x 5” Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Standing mixer or large bowl
- ¾ cup broccoli, riced
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ⅛ cup tapioca powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9”x 5” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the broccoli in a blender and pulse until it resembles rice.
- In a standing mixer or large bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple cider vinegar and broccoli rice.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca flour, nutritional yeast and salt and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges are browned and a toothpick can be inserted from the center clean.
This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!