The saying goes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To live up to that notion, it’s important that you not only eat a filling meal in the morning, but it should be one that’s nutritious for your body. And guess what? It doesn’t have to be a high carb breakfast to qualify as a proper meal.
One of the most helpful ways you can make sure you eat the right kinds of foods at the start of your day is to prepare healthy breakfast meals that you can stock up in the fridge or freezer. Not only will it save you time in the morning but you can quickly grab it as an on-the-go snack too. That way, you don’t have to resort to eating unhealthy foods because you didn’t have enough time to make a healthy meal in the morning.
With that said, here’s a healthy, flourless-blueberry oatmeal muffin recipe that makes up the perfect breakfast and snack. Not only will it satisfy any sweet craving but it also fits a paleo diet, a gluten-free diet, or just a healthy diet in general.
Flour-less Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Recipe inspired by SkinnyMs.
Yields: 1 dozen muffins | Serving Size: 1 muffin | Ba
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine the oats and almond milk in a large mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with muffin pan liners.
- Gently stir all ingredients, except the blueberries, into the soaked oats mixture. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full, and place about 1 tablespoon of the blueberries on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve warm.
Once you build the habit of eating proper breakfast meals that turns into a lifestyle, you’ll notice less bloating, cravings and it can even help with weight loss if that’s your goal. On that note, check out this article for some additional breakfast recipes specific to weight loss.
Share this recipe with your friends and family and let us know how it turns out! Also, check out these 18 gluten-free dessert recipes that you’ll love if you’re into sweets, but you’re not a fan of gluten and a bad-diet.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!