This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
Swap tortilla chips for crisp bacon chips and dip in rich guacamole till your heart’s content!
Looking for a fun twist on chips and dip? Ditch the ho-hum chips, and crisp up some bacon instead! This no-brainer of a snack will make you wonder why you haven’t tried it sooner. It’s the perfect recipe for game-day entertaining or as a movie-watching munchie.
The most important component to a successful bacon chip is using thick cut bacon, from quality-sourced pork, to ensure that it can hold up to dipping without crumbling. You’ll be dipping these into a chunky batch of fresh guacamole that gets a spicy kick from jalapeño, a hint of smoke from cumin, and fresh cilantro to brighten it up.
Start by slicing the bacon strips into 2-3 inch pieces, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to keep the bacon from sticking. Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through. Use tongs to place the bacon on a plate to crisp up. In the meantime, mash avocado with a fork and stir in red onion, cumin, jalapeño, cilantro and sea salt. Serve right away.
Bacon “Chips” and Thick Guacamole Dip
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Small bowl
- 8-10 strips thick cut pasture-raised bacon
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each bacon strip into 2-3 inch pieces and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the bacon to crisp up on a plate.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the avocados. Stir in the red onion, jalapeño, ground cumin and sea salt.
- Serve bacon chips alongside the guacamole dip.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!