Hi. We’re having a heat wave here. I’m dying. I’m just meant for chilly Great Lakes Winters – tons of snow. Of course, that means Great Lakes summers. We’re now sitting at a hellish 90° outdoors. And right now we’ve reached humidity that can only be described at levels of swimming through the air. And, in lieu of developing gills, I must try to keep as cool as possible.
So I have frozen yogurt recipes for you today. I mean, super simple recipes. We’re talking three and four ingredients here.
- Greek yogurt.
- Greek yogurt is full of protein. Protein is going to keep you fuller longer, and they make your body work harder to digest things. Probiotics are good for your digestion. B12 delivers energy and is good for your brain. It’s full of potassium. It’s full of iodine, which keeps your thyroid in check (keeps weight off). It’s a dairy product, so it’s packed with calcium
- Sweetener (Optional. Lots of these don’t need sweetening, but honey or maple syrup could make great additions.)
Peanut butter banana frozen yogurt
This recipe harkens back to your childhood. Remember peanut butter banana sandwiches? This is my healthy way back to eating them. The banana will add sweetness, the peanut butter adds more protein.
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- ¾ Peanut butter
- One or two overripe bananas – depends on how much you like banana flavour.
- Take your overripe bananas and puree them, or mash them up in a bowl with a fork.
- Heat up some peanut butter in the microwave for about fifteen seconds.
- Blend bananas, peanut butter, and yogurt.
- Freeze your concoction for an hour, stirring it every ten minutes.
Tropical Frozen Yogurt
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
This one is for those of you who cannot get enough of summer. Love the smell of sunscreen? This is the blend for you.
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt.
- Can of coconut milk
- Pineapple chunks
- Coconut Extract (teaspoon)
- Stick your coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours to get the fatty part to separate. Take it out, make sure you don’t shake it. Scoop out the solid that formed on top.
- Blend your ingredients together in a bowl. Put it in the freezer, stirring it occasionally for an hour.
Fresh Frozen Yogurt.
I’m calling it ‘fresh’ because that’s how it tastes to me. It’s sort of a Thai inspired flavour… but not really. Also, it sounds weird, but it’s wonderful. This is my favourite suggested recipe.
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ teaspoon of ginger/mint (fresh or ground)
- Honey to taste for sweeting
- Peel your cucumber. Slice it fine; pulverize it in a food processor (or blender).
- Add the Greek yogurt, herb of choice, and honey. Blend till smooth.
- Pour it in a freezer safe bowl. Let it sit for an hour, stirring occasionally.
Vanilla (and Fresh Fruit) Frozen Yogurt
I don’t like fake vanilla flavour. So I make my own vanilla frozen yogurt.
- 2 Cups Green yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- Mix your ingredients together.
- Throw in some fresh fruit of your choice
- Come on now, vanilla by itself is boring, try a strawberry puree (blend your fresh strawberries in a food processor. Add some stevia if you like)
- Put it in the freezer, stirring occasionally for about an hour
Chocolate Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
Because why not?
- 2 Cups of Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup chocolate of your choosing
- Fresh raspberries (or raspberry preserves)((Or both!))
- Melt your chocolate down (don’t burn it!!)
- You can melt it in the microwave in twenty-second intervals, stirring each time. (If you’re using raspberry preserves, for the last interval put two tablespoons of preserve in with the chocolate)
- Pour your Greek yogurt into your chocolate, slowly, stirring constantly.
- Put in your fresh raspberries
- Put the lot in the freezer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
Maple Walnut Frozen Yogurt
I love this blend too.
- 2 Cups of Greek yogurt
- ½ maple syrup
- ¾ cup of chopped walnuts
- Mix your ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put them into the freezer for an hour. Stirring occasionally.
All right, I hope you enjoy. These are just some of the recipes I have. If anyone wants more, let me know by commenting
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!