Sugar-free dips and salsas are hard to come by, but we’ve got you covered with this beautiful tomatillo salsa served with roasted broccoli. It’s nice and spicy (you can adjust the heat) and perfect to serve with additional veggies or gluten-free crackers. Plus tomatillos are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals such as niacin, potassium, and vitamin C! Click here to view the PDF version.
Roasted Broccoli with Tomatillo Salsa
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
For the Salsa
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Broccoli
- 1.5 pounds broccoli
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- To make the salsa: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Chop the onion into large pieces, then place the peppers, tomatillos, onion, and garlic in a heavy bottomed pan. Drizzle with the oil, and place in the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the tomatillos turn brown, soften and even burst.
- Remove the pan from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then transfer ingredients to a food processor and blend until desired consistency. Pour contents into a bowl, stir in the cilantro, and season with the salt and lime juice. Place in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Now roast the Broccoli. Lower the oven to 375°F. Cut the broccoli into florets then place in a bowl. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and toss. Place on a baking dish, put the dish in the oven and roast until brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the roasted broccoli alongside the salsa.
Nutritional analysis per serving (about 3 tbsp)
Calories 85 • Total fat 6g • Protein 2g • Fiber 3g • Sugar 2g • Sodium 70mg
This article was republished with permission from drhyman.com.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!