On December 25, 2016, a day symbolizing the giving of life, one very special life was taken. That life was English pop star George Michael’s, who passed away from apparent heart failure.
George Michael was only 53 years-old, but he performed selfless acts enough for many lifetimes. While celebrities often get tied up in scandals or not-always-true news, it is impossible to ignore George Michael’s acts of kindness. These acts not only helped shape the music world but changed the lives of ordinary people like you.
And he did them anonymously.
George Michael’s Acts of Kindness
A woman on 'Deal Or No Deal' told us she needed £15k for IVF treatment. George Michael secretly phoned the next day and gave her the £15k.
— Richard Osman (@richardosman) December 26, 2016
1. The BBC confirmed that 38 year-old Lynette Gillard was the beneficiary of Michael’s fifteen-thousand-pound gift, which ultimately led to the gift of life.
2. Michael was also heavily involved with Childline, which is a free child and youth counseling service. Childline’s founder, Dame Esther Rantzen shared that Michael donated millions of dollars over the years which directly impacted hundreds of thousands of children.
“He was determined not to make his generosity public,” Rantzen said, “so no one outside the charity knew how much he gave to the nation’s most vulnerable children.”
I wrote in a piece ages ago about a celeb I'd worked with tipping a barmaid £5k because she was a student nurse in debt. Was George Michael.
— Sali Hughes (@salihughes) December 26, 2016
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy.
3. Welsh journalist and broadcaster Sali Hughes gave the identity of someone she had written about in the past who tipped a barmaid five-thousand pounds to help with her school debt. Of course, it was Michael.
4. In a Facebook post, the Terrence Higgins Trust – an organization the helps people living with HIV – shared that “[Michael’s] donations contributed to a vision of a world where people living with HIV live healthy lives free from prejudice and discrimination.”
His support for the LGBTQ community, the NHS and the miners marked George Michael out as an activist as well as a great artist. pic.twitter.com/tsKNp22Lr7
— Billy Bragg (@billybragg) December 26, 2016
5. This act of kindness wasn’t anonymous, but still an incredible thank-you. Michael played a free concert for NHS nurses to show gratitude for the care they gave to his mother Lesley who, in 1997, died of cancer.
“The nurses that helped my family at that time were incredible people,” said Michael. “I realized just how undervalued they are.”
Thank you, George Michael!
As you can see, Michael’s acts of kindness have come into the limelight thanks to social media. One of the biggest ways to honor his passing is to share these acts of kindness to make his caring character and kind heart known.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!