On December 25, 2016, a day symbolizing the giving of life, one very special life was taken. That life was English pop star George Michael’s, who passed away from apparent heart failure.
George Michael was only 53 years-old, but he performed selfless acts enough for many lifetimes. While celebrities often get tied up in scandals or not-always-true news, it is impossible to ignore George Michael’s acts of kindness. These acts not only helped shape the music world but changed the lives of ordinary people like you.
And he did them anonymously.
George Michael’s Acts of Kindness
A woman on 'Deal Or No Deal' told us she needed £15k for IVF treatment. George Michael secretly phoned the next day and gave her the £15k.
— Richard Osman (@richardosman) December 26, 2016
1. The BBC confirmed that 38 year-old Lynette Gillard was the beneficiary of Michael’s fifteen-thousand-pound gift, which ultimately led to the gift of life.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
2. Michael was also heavily involved with Childline, which is a free child and youth counseling service. Childline’s founder, Dame Esther Rantzen shared that Michael donated millions of dollars over the years which directly impacted hundreds of thousands of children.
“He was determined not to make his generosity public,” Rantzen said, “so no one outside the charity knew how much he gave to the nation’s most vulnerable children.”
I wrote in a piece ages ago about a celeb I'd worked with tipping a barmaid £5k because she was a student nurse in debt. Was George Michael.
— Sali Hughes (@salihughes) December 26, 2016
3. Welsh journalist and broadcaster Sali Hughes gave the identity of someone she had written about in the past who tipped a barmaid five-thousand pounds to help with her school debt. Of course, it was Michael.
4. In a Facebook post, the Terrence Higgins Trust – an organization the helps people living with HIV – shared that “[Michael’s] donations contributed to a vision of a world where people living with HIV live healthy lives free from prejudice and discrimination.”
His support for the LGBTQ community, the NHS and the miners marked George Michael out as an activist as well as a great artist. pic.twitter.com/tsKNp22Lr7
— Billy Bragg (@billybragg) December 26, 2016
5. This act of kindness wasn’t anonymous, but still an incredible thank-you. Michael played a free concert for NHS nurses to show gratitude for the care they gave to his mother Lesley who, in 1997, died of cancer.
“The nurses that helped my family at that time were incredible people,” said Michael. “I realized just how undervalued they are.”
Thank you, George Michael!
As you can see, Michael’s acts of kindness have come into the limelight thanks to social media. One of the biggest ways to honor his passing is to share these acts of kindness to make his caring character and kind heart known.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!