It doesn’t get much better than spending a fall day with a bag of freshly made apple cider donuts at a cider mill post apple picking. Except if you can make them while still in your PJs, sipping coffee and enjoying a lazy Sunday morning with your family, which is exactly what this recipe will let you do. Plus, no one will even know you’re sneaking in an added boost of protein and greens in this baked donut recipe!
Servings: 36 donut holes or 6 full size donuts, and 8 donut holes
- 1 serving Vega Protein & Greens Vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (that includes xanthan gum)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (you can also try much smaller amount of stevia, or a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup)
- Melted coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your donut pan
- In a bowl, combine the Vega Protein & Greens, flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine apple cider, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, vanilla and sugar. Whisk to incorporate. (You may need to warm this to get oil liquid)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until all dry ingredients are incorporated but being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased donut pan and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes depending on size of donut pan.
- While still warm, place donuts into bowl, spray with coconut oil spray or drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Note – if you don’t have a donut pan these will work in a mini muffin tin (as donut holes!) or made into regular size muffins.
This article was republished with permission from youngandraw.com.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!