Serve this paleo apple crisp recipe with a cup of hot tea and a dollop of coconut cream with a little maple syrup. It makes for the coziest of desserts.
Do you have apples that you need to use up? This apple crisp recipe tastes just like apple pie without all the work of making a crust. This paleo version of a traditional apple crisp can make use of any stray apples you have. I used gala apples in this recipe, but granny smith would be spectacular as well. If you don’t have coconut sugar, feel free to sub in honey or maple syrup. If you want a real treat, add some pecans to the topping. Yum!
Note: The topping for the crisp tends to cook faster than the filling, so keep an eye on it as it cooks. If you see that the top is browning too quickly, simply cover it with a bit of foil. That way the apples still bake fully and the topping doesn’t burn!
Paleo Apple Crisp
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour
- 5 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 T plus 1/4 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 1 t plus 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 T coconut flour
- 3 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
How To Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy.
2. Place the apples in a small casserole dish and toss them with 2 tablespoons coconut sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
3. Chop the raw almonds and add to a mixing bowl.
4. Add the coconut, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, egg, and coconut oil to the bowl. Mix well.
5. Crumble over apples.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until apples are tender. Cover with foil if the topping starts to brown too quickly.
This article was republished with permission from blog.paleohacks.com.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!