This delicious apple sandwich takes a less exciting fruit and gives it a total makeover. Layering an apple with nut butter is the perfect way to make the snack more satiating and keep you fuller longer by adding more fiber. It’s also complete with good fat and protein to balance blood sugar.
An Apple a Day Keeps the Diseases at Bay
We’ve all heard the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Well, if you’re anything like me, then you don’t need to be chowing down on apples daily to avoid your doctor. However, that doesn’t mean that eating apples isn’t a good idea. All fruit are good for you, but we did our research and we discovered that apples are particularly good for you. Here’s how:
- Consuming apples improve neurological health. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease. That’s a pretty scary figure. But the good news is, we can easily reduce the risk of developing this disease by reaching into our fruit basket. Medical News Today reported on a study that “suggested that apple juice consumption may increase the production in the brain of the essential neurotransmitter acetylcholine, resulting in improved memory among mice who have Alzheimer’s-like symptoms.”
- Consuming apples can also reduce our risk of stroke.
- Apples are a rich source of fiber, essential for digestive health and promoting healthy bowel movements. [To learn just how much you should be pooping daily, read this: This is exactly how much you need to poop to be healthy.]
- Apples have also been found to help ward off breast cancer.
- A study found that the bioactive compounds found in several varieties of apples have a positive effect on good gut bacteria and in turn may help prevent obesity. Obesity is another serious pandemic that’s been sweeping the nation. In addition to regular exercise and getting enough sleep, consuming a healthy diet is a key ingredient to keeping the pounds off.
For a delicious disease-fighting recipe, try this Hearty Apple Sandwich. You’ll never bite into an apple the same way again.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at foodmatters.tv.
Hearty Apple “Donut” Sandwich
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Apples are one of the healthiest fruits because they have a lot of fiber, which helps with digestion. That’s why people say, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: None
Use your favorites of the list below:
- Nut Butter
- Toppings such as pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins, dried cranberries or blueberries, granola or honey.
- Cut an apple into circular slices.
- Spread peanut, almond or sunflower butter on an apple slice to make it sticky. A
- Add any toppings you like.
- Put another apple slice on top. See if you can eat it without the insides squishing out!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood Cookbook: a 100+ page recipe book using the 7 most powerful superfoods available, to:
- Reduce Inflammation
- Boost Metabolism
- Curb Cravings and Lose Weight
For the first time, we're taking this book into print with a limited run of 100 copies.
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!