According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly one-quarter of American adults (22.7%) are living with arthritis.
Arthritis is a health condition characterized by pain and swelling in and around your joints.
Not only is the number of people who suffer from arthritis high, this condition can also lead to other health problems. Arthritis has been ranked the number one cause of disability in the U.S. after having been linked to 18% of total disabilities.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis can occur for a variety of reasons. Some causes of arthritis include (via MedcalNewsToday):
- Injury – leading to degenerative arthritis
- Abnormal metabolism – leading to gout and pseudogout
- Inheritance – such as in osteoarthritis
- Infections – such as in the arthritis of Lyme disease
- Immune system dysfunction
Signs and symptoms
Symptoms of arthritis are not always persistent so you may want to pay careful attention if you experience any one of the following:
- Pain in your body
- Swelling around your joints
- Stiffness in your joints
- Difficulty moving your joints
Healing bread recipe
The following banana bread recipe is made with chia and flax seeds, both of which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Commonly associated with fish, omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties and have been found to reduce inflammation in the body. As a result, diets rich in omega-3s are known to help people reduce their risk of developing chronic diseases, such as arthritis.
In addition to helping with inflammation, omega-3s are amazing for brain and heart health. Consuming these essential fatty acids can help delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and prevent cardiovascular problems.
Try this delicious banana bread recipe for a sweet helping of omega-3s and boost your health.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at kneadtocook.com.
Gluten-Free Banana Chia Bread Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 2.5 cups of gluten-free, rolled oats (I love Bob’s Redmill)
- 3 large bananas
- 1/2 cup of nut butter (I used Justin’s peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup of cashew milk (I used Silk unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of flax seed meal
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Dark chocolate chips (non-dairy)
- Preheat your oven to 35o degrees and spray your loaf pan/pans or muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Into your food processor, add your oats and pulse them until a flour is achieved. Then add the remaining ingredients through cinnamon. Blend until combined – scraping the sides down as necessary. If you’re splitting the batter up – making some with chocolate and some without – pour your batter into the pan/tins that you want without chocolate. Then return the bowl to your food processor and add as much chocolate as you like (1/4 cup is good). Pulse a few times to break up the pieces.
- Then pour into your prepared pans. I top with extra chips and banana slices but that’s optional.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!