You love it or hate. Or, you love it but hate yourself for succumbing to the warm, moist taste in your mouth. Because let’s be real. Bread isn’t exactly the most nutritious food on the planet.
The popular carb is found everywhere – from pizzas to burgers to French Toast and even cake. We’re able to enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. However, some key ingredients used in bread make this staple not so health-friendly.
What’s wrong with bread?
Consuming bread can lead to a host of health issues including:
- Spike your blood sugar levels due to it being high in carbs
- Being rich in gluten, bread can cause damage to your digestive tract, causing pain and bloating
- Many commercial breads are high in sugar, just like other processed foods
- Even whole wheat has been found to raise bad cholesterol
Fortunately, there are alternatives to your conventional bread like this grain and gluten-free one. This no-bake bread is raw, extremely nutrient dense and filling. Rather than being high in carbs and gluten, it’s packed full of fibre and Omega 3s thanks to the walnuts and flax seeds.
Reasons to Go Raw
Many people are adopting a raw food diet as a means of enhancing their health. The gist of this diet consists of consuming unprocessed, whole-plant based, organic foods.
- You will have more energy
- Your skin will have a much better appearance
- Your digestion will improve
- You will lose weight
- Your risk of developing heart and cardiovascular diseases will significantly drop”
This delicious raw loaf is the perfect way to experiment with a raw food diet.
This recipe is shared with permission from our friends at rawfoodforlife.org.
Raw Banana, Date and Walnut Loaf
This recipe is delicious served warm with a little spread of coconut butter or drizzle of maple or date syrup and a lovely cup of herbal tea! It’s hard to believe it’s raw!
Serves: Makes 4-5 small loaves
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: Dehydrate for 9 hours
- 2 ½ cups walnuts
- 1 cup psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 6-8 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup fresh dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- pinch of celtic salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup water
- Process 2 cups of the walnuts in the food processor until they look like slightly chunky flour.
- Remove from food processor and place into a big bowl.
- Add psyllium husk, flaxseed, remainder of walnuts roughly chopped, dates and salt to the bowl.
- Place banana, water, spices, and maple syrup into the food processor and process. Mix the banana mixture into the big bowl of dry ingredients. Mix everything together with spoon.
- Add more water (1/8 cup) if necessary to get dry, dough like texture that you can shape into small loaves.
- Shape into 4-5 small loaves.
- Place directly onto dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour – then reduce temperature to 110 degrees. Dehydrate for another 6-8 hours or so.
*Tastes best if eaten right out of the dehydrator and thinly sliced. These don’t last long so if not eaten within a day or so, store in the freezer.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.