Republished with permission from kneadtocook.com.
I’ve been craving pumpkin banana bread but honestly haven’t had the time test a new recipe. This is my tweaking of a classic recipe for pumpkin banana bread. I managed to come up with a fantastic recipe with no gluten or animal bi-products. The recipe came out great without that weird gluten free texture we sometimes get while baking gluten-free. I find vegan baking very easy but gluten free does get a bit tricky. This makes one large loaf of heavenly bread and my family has pretty much eaten all of it in 2 days.
Coconut sugar is a fantastic substitute for classic white table sugar. It cuts your glycemic levels in half which prevents your insulin levels to sky rocket. This sky rocketing affect that insulin has in your blood can cause diabetes. You should always try to regulate your intake of sugar and this is the best way to do it. Cut your sugar intake in half by simply switching to coconut sugar.
Going full vegan is a lot easier than you think it is. When I first thought about going vegan I was so worried about what I would be missing out on. But there are so many fantastic substitutes that make your life a whole lot easier! Eggs were one of the foods I was nervous about giving up. But with flax eggs I was set to still keep baking on my list of favorite things to do. It’s so easy as you can see below and flax eggs bind things together just as well as regular eggs.
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Gluten-free Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 1.5 flax eggs (1.5 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 Tbsp water and let it sit in a bowl)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 of a medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Redmill) Optional: Topped with pepitas and walnut pieces
- Prepare flax eggs in your large stand mixer bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil and set that aside.
- After about 5 minutes of your flax egg sitting add pumpkin, banana, maple syrup and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Then add your dry ingredients: Coconut sugar, soda, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon and whisk again. Stop and scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add water – whisking afterwards. Add oats, almond meal and flour. Blend again.
- Gently pour into your prepared pan and place in the preheated oven.
- If topping, add sprinkle with your choice of nuts etc.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. My baking test stick was still showing some crumbs on it after 50 minutes but I removed it and let it rest.
- After about 10 minutes, I lifted the parchment paper/bread out and place to finally cool on a rack. Don’t slice until completely cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!