This recipe is one of the best things I have ever made. It’s crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and extremely easy to make — perfect for a weekend snack, dinner, appetizer or to bring to your next party. That is if you still want to share after trying them!
The star of the show is cauliflower, which has so many awesome benefits to your body!
Watch The Hearty Soul’s nutritionist, Alina Islam, make crispy buffalo cauliflower wings from scratch!
Why is Cauliflower Good for You?
- Great source of Fiber
- Excellent source Vitamin C
- Excellent source of Vitamin K, which helps absorb calcium from your food for healthy bones and teeth!
- …and Vitamin B6, for a healthy immune system and regulate blood sugar
- …and Folate (important for preventing anemia and keeping cells healthy)!
Even beyond its basic nutritional value, cauliflower is known to be a good source of antioxidants. Eating lots of veggies like cauliflower will help to keep your free radicals in check (for everything from beautiful, young-looking skin to preventing cancer).
This recipe is also a wonderful vegetarian and gluten free option to an All-American classic. So feel free to share it with people on any diet (or don’t share it at all… we won’t blame you).
Crispy Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon melted butter or ghee
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, water, garlic powder, and salt.
- Whisk together until smooth. Toss cauliflower into the batter making sure to coat each piece completely, then place battered cauliflower on a lightly greased, non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- In the meantime, combine melted butter/ghee and hot sauce in a large bowl, stirring. When cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and gently toss it in the hot sauce mixture. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until it becomes crispy. Allow cauliflower to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite creamy dressing.
This article was republished with permission from Mind Body Green, you can find the original article here.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!