This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
I love a good cookie recipe, especially the kind that’s also tasty at breakfast. Many Paleo cookies can be tricky to make because they come out dry or crumbly. But I’ve found that adding applesauce to the dough keeps the cookies moist with a soft-baked texture. It also eliminates the need for a lot of eggs or oil in the dough.
To start, mix the dry ingredients together, and use a fork to break up any lumps. Next, whisk the egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract in another bowl. Slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients as you stir, then pour in the melted coconut oil as you continue to whisk.
It’s crucial that you wait to pour in the coconut oil until the dry and wet ingredients are mixed—since coconut oil quickly solidifies if it gets cold. Then stir in the dried cranberries.
Next, using your hands, form the dough into the shape of cookies. These cookies spread very little if at all, so it’s important to make them the exact size and thickness you want them to be later on. Place them onto a baking sheet.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
To help prevent a crumbly cookie, use your fingers to seal up any cracks. The smoother the dough is, the less chance there is that it will crumble after it’s baked.
Bake for 25-30 minutes—until golden brown around the edges. (Depending on the thickness of your cookies, it could be more or less baking time.) Once baked, let them cool at room temperature.
Now, grab a glass of almond milk, and dunk away!
Coconut Flour Cranberry Cookies Recipe
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total time: 45 MINS
Serves: 6 large cookies
Cook Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Spiced with cinnamon and coconut sugar, these cranberry cookies are the perfect holiday cookie recipe to add to your arsenal.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir together, and break up any lumps.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet. Pour in melted coconut oil, and stir to combine. Then stir in cranberries.
- Use hands to form dough into the shape of cookies, about 1/4” thick. Place onto cookie sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes. Allow cookies to cool.
Try these delicious recipes next!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!