This recipe makes one bread loaf.
I found this recipe on Ami Sue Oldfathers site and made a few alterations for a slightly less sweet bread. I enjoy this for a midday snack with a spread of coconut oil. YUM!
- 4 C. organic sprouted almonds, ground fine
- 1 C. organic gluten free oats
- 1 C. sprouted sunflower seeds
- ½ C. organic sprouted pumpkin seeds
- ½ C. organic black chia seeds
- ¾ C. organic medjool dates, diced
- 5 T. organic flaxseed, ground
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 T. organic maple syrup
- 4 T. organic coconut oil, melted
- 1-1/2 C. filtered water
1. Place almond in high speed blender, till they are fine ground. Don’t overprocess or you’ll end up with butter.
2. Place in large bowl, add remainder of dry ingredients, and diced dates and mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir till well combined.
4. Place the “dough” on a teflex covered dehydrator sheet and shape into a loaf.
Dehydrate for one hour at 145 degrees. Then turn down to 115 degrees and dry for another 4-6 hours.
5. Remove bread and slice. Lay each piece onto the dehydrator mesh sheet and dry for another four to six hours until the right moisture level is achieved for your taste preference. Remember the thicker your slices, the longer your drying time.
6. Store in air tight container. If kept in the fridge it should last up to 2 weeks, depending on how moist your bread is.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.