Republished with permission from blog.paleohacks.com.
Like waffles? Then you’ll love these crispy churro waffles dusted in cinnamon sugar! They’re the perfect breakfast treat or Paleo dessert!
What’s better than crisp, sugary churros or fluffy waffles? Putting them together in one easy and lightened-up dish! This recipe captures the flavor of both of these delicious treats but is grain, dairy, and refined sugar-free.
Churros are traditionally a fluffy fried choux pastry dusted with cinnamon sugar.
Unfortunately, churros are not only made with wheat flour but are also fried in unhealthy seed oils. Luckily, these paleo waffles offer a healthier way to enjoy all your favorite cinnamon-y tastes.
Natural, Healthy Ingredients
The cinnamon sugar adds a magical “churro flavor” to the crisp almond flour waffles. It’s so easy to whip up, you’ll never want plain waffles again!
The almond flour transforms into a crisp and airy treat with this recipe, while a little bit of cashew milk and some pure maple syrup complete the simple batter. You don’t even have to beat any egg whites when making this recipe!
As a result, these paleo churro waffles are nutrient-dense enough to enjoy for breakfast. They’re excellent when paired with a hearty protein source like bacon or sausage. This one-of-a-kind dish is also fancy enough to make for a special brunch, or as a whimsical holiday breakfast. But if you want to serve them for dessert with dollops of coconut-whipped cream or scoops of paleo ice cream, we won’t tell!
So calling all waffle-lovers: make this easy recipe as soon as you get the chance! The waffle-churro deliciousness simply can’t be beaten!
Paleo Churro Waffles
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, cashew milk, and maple syrup.
2. Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
3. Ladle by ¼ cupfuls onto a preheated waffle iron and cook per manufacturer’s instructions. (Recipe should make about 6 square waffles.)
4. In a small bowl, mix the maple sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a small plate.
5. Dust/dredge the waffles in the cinnamon sugar and place on serving plate.
6. Serve with maple syrup if desired.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes