In many traditional cultures, this golden milk tea is a dietary stable. Enjoyed by the population on a daily basis, this tea is celebrated for its wide-ranging health effects – and for a good reason. In fact, many have credited this tea for being the secret for the many of the world populaces’ longest life spans. Drinkers of golden milk reap the long list of health benefits, thanks to its impressive ingredient list of turmeric, cinnamon, and cardamom; including:
- Pain reliever
- Lowers cholesterol
- Prevents cancers
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Improves sensitivity to hormonal insulin
- Lowers blood sugar
- Boosted brain function
- Aids digestive health
- Improves immunity
Golden Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Incorporating this healthy drink elixir just got easier! Try out this unique twist on a traditional classic by turning it into cold refreshing dessert. Getting healthy foods like turmeric, cinnamon and ginger have never been easier with this creamy and rich ice cream. This treat is perfect for any occasion – whether you’re looking for a healthy dessert for yourself, the family or a special occasion.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
- 2 14-ounce (414 ml) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 4 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup (sub up to half with organic cane sugar), plus more to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon black pepper
- optional: 1/8th teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional: 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- optional: 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- The day or night before, place your ice cream churning bowl in the freezer to properly chill.
- Add coconut milk, fresh ginger, maple syrup, sea salt, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper, and cardamom (optional) to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil), whisking to thoroughly combine ingredients. Then, remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Whisk once more to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding in more turmeric for intense turmeric flavor, cinnamon for warmth, maple syrup for sweetness, or salt to balance the flavors.
- Transfer mixture (including the whole ginger slices) to a mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature. Then cover and chill in refrigerator overnight, or for at least 4-6 hours.
- The following day, use a spoon (or strainer) to remove the ginger. At this time you can also add olive oil for extra creaminess by whisking in thoroughly to combine (optional).
- Add to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions – about 20-30 minutes. It should look like soft serve.
- While it’s churning, chop up your candied ginger (optional). In the last few minutes of churning, add in the ginger to incorporate.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a large freezer-safe container (such as a parchment-lined loaf pan) and use a spoon to smooth the top.
- Cover securely and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until firm. Set out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, and use a hot ice cream scoop (warmed in hot water) to ease scooping.
Here’s another great recipe to try – Coconut Milk Ice Cream!
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!