The common saying is: “If life gives you lemons, then make lemonade.” But what if you never needed lemons given to you because you were able to grow your own? Unlimited lemonade and fresh lemons whenever you wanted, that’s what would happen!
This is why I’m going to show you how you can grow your own lemon tree inside your house using just the seed from a lemon! But first, let’s get into some of the health benefits of lemons.
Lemon Health Benefits
To start off, they are incredibly rich in vitamin C, making them great for treating common sicknesses such as the cold or a flu. Some less known facts about vitamin C is that it has also been found to treat more serious health conditions, such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also helps to reduce inflammation and the damaging effects of free radicals in the body.
Lemons also contain a variety of other flavonoids that have both antioxidant and anticancer properties.
How To Grow A Lemon Tree
What You’ll Need:
- Store-bought lemon
- Potting soil
- Grow lights or an area with a lot of sun
- Breathable plastic film
Planting Your Seed:
- Dampen your potting soil by putting it into a bucket and mixing it with some water
- Fill your container with the moistened soil, leaving about an inch of space below its rim
- Slice open your lemon and look a seed that’s in decent shape
- Suck on the seed so that all of the flesh is removed, making sure that it doesn’t dry out (it needs to be moist when planted)
- Plant your seed about a half inch beneath the soil and water it with a squirt bottle or gently with a watering can
- Cover your container with the breathable plastic to make sure that it stays warm and moist, and place it in a warm area. Make sure it is not too damp, however, as too much moisture will cause the seed to rot, try to find a nice balance
- Observe it for the next week or two and keep and eye on the area where you planted the seed. When you notice it begin to sprout, remove the plastic cover
- Once the plant has sprouted move it to an area that is still warm, but that has a lot of direct sunlight
Caring For Your Plant:
- Make sure that your soil is moist at all times, especially when the lemon tree is young. Do not let the water build up, however, and make sure that your container has drainage holes.
- Your plant will need at least eight hours of direct sunlight every day, so make sure it is in a place where it will get that
- As with most other plants, make sure to add fertilizer to it when needed
- When your tree begins to get larger, you may need to transplant it to a larger container. If it gets too big for your home, you can move to your backyard, front porch or balcony if you live in an apartment.
For more information on how you can grow your own food, click here.
Lose 11 pounds in 22 days?
Is it REALLY possible to lose 11 lbs. of fat in 22 days? Actually yes… BUT only when you’re a level 4 fat burner. Unfortunately, most people are stuck as level 1 fat burners. So, how do you become a level 4 fat burner to lose up to 11 lbs. in 22 days? Simply eat these foods daily: