Cavities can be both painful and expensive. Don’t become a slave to your dentist, prevent and treat tooth decay in the comfort of your own home! Never rely on chemical-laden and financially-demanding treatments again.
Get back to basics with this long held Ayurvedic practices that has been an effective oral hygiene practices for decades. Modern science has even joined the bandwagon, arguing that oil-pulling is both an effective and safe way to treat oral decay and prevent future cavities!
What Causes Tooth Decay?
Tooth decay, also known as cavities, is an oral disease that affects millions of Americans. However, unlike other diseases, cavities are not life-threatening and are highly preventable, though it will affect most people in their lifespan.
Natural bacteria live in your mouth and the accumulates to form plaque. When this plaque builds, it interacts with the crevices and deposits in your mouth, damaging and dissolving your tooth enamel and making your teeth weaker, leading to tooth decay.
According to Ramiel Nagel, the author of “Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition,” tooth decay happens for a number of reasons, including:
- Lack of Fat Soluble Vitamins (mostly vitamins A and D)
- Standard American Diet Full of Processed Foods (SAD)
- Hormone Imbalances
- Lack of Minerals in the Diet
- A Diet High in Phytic Acid (naturally occurring on most grains, nuts and legumes. Phytic acid can be removed by soaking grains, nuts and legumes overnight in water and a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice before consuming them).
Healing Cavities, Dentist Free
Heather Haynes, also known as “Kula Mama,” has had great success curing her cavities without the help of dentists or harmful chemicals. Here are a few of tried and tested treatments in her cavity-fighting toolbox:
- Increase fat soluble vitamins A and D by taking 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil daily.
- Drink 1-2 cups of bone broth daily.
- Oil pull every morning with coconut oil for 20 minutes.
- Remove grains and sugar completely from diet (I don’t eat much of either normally, but now they are eliminated completely).
- Increase my consumption of grass-fed gelatin in soups and drinks.
- Switched to re-mineralizing toothpaste. It tastes like clay (because it is) but I’m doing it anyway. An even better option would be to make my own.
- Trace mineral drops (10 drops twice daily).
Oil Pulling for Cavities
The phrase “oil pulling” comes from the process of oil being “worked” in the mouth by pushing, pulling and sucking it through the teeth. But this isn’t a new fad, in fact, this type of oral therapy dates back to Ayurvedic origins as late as 3,000 years ago.
Oil pulling lessens the bacterial load in your mouth. This is no small feat considering that a clean mouth (yes, clean!) may have between 1,000 and 100,000 bacterial on each tooth. Yikes! When the oil hits your teeth and gums, microbes are picked up, similar to a magnets, sucking up bacteria hiding under the crevices, gums and pores of your teeth. With that, the longer you push and pull the oil through your mouth, the more microbes are pulled free.
Oil pulling has been long celebrated by natural Ayurvedic experts and scientists alike. Studies prove that oil pulling is an important oral hygiene practice, notably, for its ability to:
- Whiten teeth
- Alleviate halitosis
- Reduce gingivitis
- Relieve gum and tooth sensitivity
- Prevent cavities
How to Oil Pull
The most celebrated option for oil-pulling is coconut oil. With 50% of the fat in the coconut oil comprised of the bacteria-fighting lauric acid. Well known for it’s antimicrobial actions, lauric acid inhibits the primary bacteria that causes tooth decay.
Are you ready to incorporate oil-pulling into your dental hygiene regime? Here are a few guidelines you should adhere to ensure your doing in a safe, effective manner:
- Swift the oil gently. If you jaw starts aching after five minutes, slow down. You’re working too hard!
- Do not swallow the oil while swishing, if you find it too hard not to, it’s likely you have too much oil in your mouth. Spit it out and try again with a smaller amount.
- Once you have finished pulling, spit the solution into the trash. Do not discard the oil in the sink or down the toilet because over time the oil may build up and clog the pipes.
- Do not drink anything before rinsing your mouth. Rinse with water first before consuming a beverage.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!