This article is shared with permission from our friends at Dr. Axe.
Most of us have probably had a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup at some point and while they might be tasty, between the potentially dangerous additives and chemicals, the ingredients list should be enough to make you go running. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a version of the sweet treat. These Salted Paleo Sunbutter Cups are the answer.
This healthier version is grain-free and uses sunflower seed butter, a healthier peanut butter alternative. They’re naturally sweetened with medjool dates — no refined sugar here! You probably have all the ingredients on hand to make this incredible dessert.
Line two mini-muffin pans with liners and set aside.
In a double boiler, add in the chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla. Melt it over a pot of simmering, hot water until the ingredients are incorporated. Fill each liner with 1–2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture.
Set aside the remaining chocolate to cover the cups with later. Place the muffin pans in the freezer while you prepare the paleo sunbutter cups filling.
Using a food processor or heavy-duty blender, add in the sunbutter, coconut oil, sea salt and dates. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Grab the muffin pans from the freezer, then spoon 1 teaspoon of the sunbutter mix atop each chocolate-filled muffin liner. How good are these sunbutter cups starting to look?
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Next, take the bowl of melted chocolate and spoon 1–2 teaspoons to cover each sunbutter cup and sprinkle with sea salt.
Add the sunbutter cups into the freezer for about half hour or until the paleo sunbutter cups are set. Serve these little chocolatey treats frozen.
These sunbutter cups are a fantastic way to satisfy your sweet tooth without any icky ingredients. Enjoy!
Salted Paleo Sunbutter Cups Recipe
Total Time: 1 Hour
Serves: Makes 24 Mini Cups
Chocolate Shell :
- 3 cups 70-85% dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup pitted medjool dates
- Pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Prepare two standard mini muffin pans with mini muffin liners and set aside.
- In a double boiler, add in dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Melt over a pot of simmering (not boiling) hot water until well incorporated.
- Fill the bottom of each muffin liner with 1 to 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture. Set aside leftover chocolate to put on top of the cups.
- Set the muffin pans in the freezer.
- In a food processor or heavy-duty blender, add in sunbutter, sea salt, coconut oil and dates. Blend or pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Remove muffin pans out of the freezer.
- Spoon out 1 teaspoon of the sunbutter mixture on top of each chocolate filled muffin liner.
- Take the bowl of melted chocolate and spoon out 1-2 teaspoons to cover each cup.
- Sprinkle Himalayan salt on top.
- Place the cups back in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer until set. Serve frozen.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!