This article is shared with permission from our friends at PaleoHacks.
No need to call for takeout—these healthy chicken lettuce wraps are made with a creamy almond butter sauce for big flavor with way less sodium.
For a healthy twist on Thai lettuce wraps, this recipe swaps the peanut sauce with Paleo-friendly almond butter and creamy coconut milk, driving home the Thai flavor. Best of all, these lettuce wraps are ready in under 30 minutes, making them a great go-to for a quick lunch or dinner on busy days when you are craving Thai food.
Slicing chicken into bite-sized pieces before cooking allows for even browning on all sides, which means more flavor! The chicken is cooked in coconut oil for a rich aroma with the added benefits of healthy fats.
While the chicken is cooking, stir together ingredients for the creamy coconut almond sauce. Turmeric adds anti-inflammatory properties and a hint of exotic flavor while mineral- and probiotic-rich apple cider vinegar adds a yummy tanginess. Pour about ⅓ cup of the sauce over the chicken and cook an additional 5 minutes to seal in the nutty flavor.
Tip: This sauce doubles as a salad dressing and can also be used as a marinade for chicken before grilling.
Carefully remove Bibb lettuce leaves and fill with veggies, cooked chicken and drizzle in the sauce. I recommend finding the largest head of lettuce with big hearty leaves; this way you can fill with plenty of toppings and pick up the wraps easier. If you can’t find Bibb lettuce, iceberg or romaine work as well. Sprinkle sliced almonds and cilantro on top and revel in this refreshing meal.
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Almond Butter Sauce
Claim Your FREE Copy of The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook Now!
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
No need to call for takeout—these Thai chicken lettuce wraps are made with a creamy almond butter sauce for big flavor with way less sodium.
- Medium sized pan
- Small mixing bowl
For the Wraps:
- 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced unsalted almonds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for cooking
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pan over low heat.
- Add chicken breast and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While chicken cooks, use a fork to stir together ingredients for sauce in a mixing bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken and stir well to coat.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken in lettuce cups topped with bell pepper, carrots, sliced almonds, cilantro and reserved sauce for dipping.
Read More: Paleo Buffalo Chicken Tenders Recipe
A quick note from our founders
Claim Your FREE Copy of
Discover 131 delicious fat-shredding keto recipes inside this special edition of this New York Times bestseller… plus more. And today we’re GIVING it away 100% FREE!