This article is shared with permission from our friends at drjockers.com.
This SuperCharged Coconut Milk Ice Cream recipe is an incredible way to enjoy ice cream the healthy way. The main recipe has very little sugar (only naturally fermented sugar in the plain Amasai).
Coconut fats are extremely good for the immune system, brain, and metabolism. Amasai provides high-quality protein, probiotics, enzymes and probiotic metabolites to boost digestion & immunity. Stevia is an all natural sweetener that is 100 times as sweet as sugar. Pink salt is a non-processed salt that is loaded with the ideal ratios of critical trace minerals.
You want to get this as creamy as possible. Be sure to use as much of the cream of the Amasai and coconut milk as possible. You can separate out some of the thin liquid that combines with the creamy fats. The separation allows you to make the ice cream thicker faster.
SuperCharged Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: None
- 2 cans of organic coconut milk – full fat
- 1/4 teaspoon of pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 squirts of pure stevia (1 squirt is about 1/2 a dropper full)
- 1/2 bottle of Beyond Organic Plain Amasai or Grass-Fed Kefir or 1/2 can of coconut milk
- Maximized Living Vanilla or Chocolate non-denatured grass-fed whey protein
- Dried Goji Berries
- Raw Cacao Nibs
- Ground Cinnamon
- Can also use fruit, fruit juices, frozen berries, raw honey, etc to make different flavors.
- Combine all the main ingredients and mix together in (1-2) big glass jars. Mason jars work well – this should fill 2. Stick the glass jars in the refrigerator or ideally in the freezer for 30 mins – 1 hour until it is really cold. You don’t want it to freeze solid…just get very cold.
- Put everything together into an ice cream maker (also have the ice cream maker core frozen – leave it in the freezer overnight) and turn the machine on. Wait for it to get thick and creamy – 15 mins is typical.
- You can also do this in the blender…but it doesn’t get quite the same consistency as the ice cream maker. Combine all major ingredients and blend. You can add ice or frozen bananas to make it thicker. The bananas will obviously add sugar to the recipe. Mix cacao nibs and goji berries at the end.
Dr. Jockers Comments
This is an amazing tasting way of incorporating superfood combinations into your diet. Amasai is a fermented protein machine that is also loaded with omega-3 fats, CLA and probiotics. I always like to include Maximized Living whey protein in my ice cream…it takes the place of some of the stevia because it is flavored with stevia, to begin with.
I also like to add in Gogi berries, cinnamon and cacao nibs for extra anti-oxidants. This ice cream helps stabilize blood sugar and is a great dessert for diabetics or anyone looking to lose weight or reverse disease.
The 3 Keys to a Healthy Meal
- Healthy Fats
- High-Quality Protein
The coconut milk provides an incredible array of medium chain triglycerides (good fats). The whey protein and amasai provide the complete protein as well as bioactive immune supportive compounds. These include lactoferrin, alpha-lactoglobulins, immunoglobulins, bovine serum albumin, & conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The cacao, goji berries, and cinnamon add in unique and powerful anti-oxidants.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!