Eating curry is amazing because it’s so full of flavor and because that flavor often comes from some of the healthiest ingredients out there. This recipe includes turmeric, ginger, coconut milk and lime. Rice is swapped out for cauliflower, which is a wonderful substitute, while spinach gives a punch of iron. Enjoy!
Squash Curry With Ginger + Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup/50g fresh cilantro, leaves cut from the stalks and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato pureé
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- 14oz/400g butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 5oz/150g green beans, ends cut off
- 2oz/50g spinach
- juice of 1 lime
Get your Free copy of The Complete Ketogenic Diet For Beginners
Learn how you can lose weight and keep it off while eating your favourite foods like Pizza & Mac and cheese!
Ginger + Lime Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- 1 cauliflower, outer leaves discarded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoon water
1. In a food processor or blender blend the coriander stalks, red curry paste, coconut milk, tomato purée and turmeric.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat for 1 minute. Put the onions into the pan. Sauté them for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt. Add the squash and stir-fry for 1 minute, then pour in the blended mix, bring to a simmer and let this cook for 10 minutes. Add the green beans and spinach and cook for another 20 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, make the Ginger + Lime Rice. Put the roughly chopped cauliflower into a food processor and process for a few minutes until you get a rice-like consistency.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan, and throw in the lime zest with the ginger and coriander. Stir for 30 seconds, then add the cauliflower, 3 tablespoons water and the juice of the lime. Cook for 5 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Scatter the cilantro leaves over the curry with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and serve with the ‘rice’.
This recipe is excerpted from Get the Glow: Delicious and Easy Recipes That Will Nourish You from the Inside Out.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!