Eating curry is amazing because it’s so full of flavor and because that flavor often comes from some of the healthiest ingredients out there. This recipe includes turmeric, ginger, coconut milk and lime. Rice is swapped out for cauliflower, which is a wonderful substitute, while spinach gives a punch of iron. Enjoy!
Squash Curry With Ginger + Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 cup/50g fresh cilantro, leaves cut from the stalks and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato pureé
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- 14oz/400g butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 5oz/150g green beans, ends cut off
- 2oz/50g spinach
- juice of 1 lime
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Ginger + Lime Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- 1 cauliflower, outer leaves discarded and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoon water
1. In a food processor or blender blend the coriander stalks, red curry paste, coconut milk, tomato purée and turmeric.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat for 1 minute. Put the onions into the pan. Sauté them for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt. Add the squash and stir-fry for 1 minute, then pour in the blended mix, bring to a simmer and let this cook for 10 minutes. Add the green beans and spinach and cook for another 20 minutes until the pumpkin is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, make the Ginger + Lime Rice. Put the roughly chopped cauliflower into a food processor and process for a few minutes until you get a rice-like consistency.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan, and throw in the lime zest with the ginger and coriander. Stir for 30 seconds, then add the cauliflower, 3 tablespoons water and the juice of the lime. Cook for 5 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Scatter the cilantro leaves over the curry with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and serve with the ‘rice’.
This recipe is excerpted from Get the Glow: Delicious and Easy Recipes That Will Nourish You from the Inside Out.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!