Are you ready for this? That’s right, nacho cheese! Today we’re sharing a can’t-miss paleo Nacho ‘Cheese’ Kale Chips Recipe….but without the cheese! And you’ll never know the cheese is missing because they’re that good.
Eating a clean paleo diet just feels great and with all of the amazing recipes out there you really don’t get seduced by the hyper-palatable, over-engineered, food-like nacho chips in the snack aisle when you’re eating clean and feeling great. For the most part, right? There are times though when only a chip will do. A salty, crispy, cheesy chip.
When you want the savory crunch without the junk food-hangover, these Nacho “Cheese” Kale Chips are just the ticket. Not only do these chips taste amazing, but they’re packed with nutrients too! Nutritional yeast (not to be mistaken for brewers or bakers yeast) has a nice nutty, cheesy flavor. This particular ingredient provides a host of nutritional benefits. It’s a great source of Vitamin B12, is high in protein (2 Tbsp. contains 9 grams of protein), is high in fiber and is a great source of folate. Add kale to the equation, and you have yourself one nutrient-packed snack!
Blending the nutritional yeast with soaked cashews and roasted peppers makes for a creamy nacho “cheese” recipe that resembles the flavor and texture of nacho cheese sauce, but much healthier. This sauce also tastes great when tossed with vegetables or one of our favorites, zucchini paleo noodles.
Nacho ‘Cheese’ Kale Chips Recipe
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour, 40 minutes
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2⁄3 cup jarred roasted peppers (+ 2 to 3 T of the juice)
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 t garlic powder
- 1⁄2 t chili powder
- 1⁄4 t sea salt
- 1⁄4 t black pepper
How to Make It
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
1. Preheat oven to 200ºF.
2. Wash the kale and pat dry.
3. Remove the stems by tearing kale off into large, palm-sized leaves and place in a large bowl. Discard the stems (or add them to smoothies for later).
4. In a food processor or high-powered blender make the cheese sauce by processing the remaining ingredients (not the kale) together until smooth. This may take a few minutes and you may need to scrape the sides of your food processor or blender during this step. Sauce will be slightly thick.
5. Add the sauce to the bowl of kale leaves and massage kale and sauce together until leaves are evenly coated.
6. Single layer the kale leaves on two large baking sheets.
7. Bake for 1 hour. Flip and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes or until dry and crispy.
8. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Looking for another ‘cheesy’ recipe?
We’ve got you covered with our Grain-free Cheese Crackers!
This article was republished with permission from blog.paleohacks.com.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!