Recipe from Plant-Based Katie Mae
Editor’s note: This plant-based recipe is for a Spicy Sweet Potato Hash. Flavorful and healthy, this dish includes sweet potatoes and greens, along with some delicious spices. Enjoy.
Spicy Sweet Potato Hash
Total Time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 2
Per Serving169 calories
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, diced in ½ inch pieces
- ¼–½ cup orange juice or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- ½ bunch of kale, shredded
- In a large skillet or sauté pan over high heat, add onion and potatoes. Dry-sauté for 3 minutes, with the pan covered, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice and almond butter together. Pour this dressing over the onion and potato and stir. Reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the spices and kale and simmer for 3 more minutes. The dish is done when the potatoes are fully cooked and the kale has a bright green color.
Tell us in the comments what you think of this plant-based recipe because we’d love to know!
This article was republished with permission from foodrevolution.org/em>.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
This offer is only available until December 31st, 2017. Make sure to grab your copy before the offer runs out.