It’s a bit crazy isn’t it? Not knowing what’s in the food that we put into our mouths. Even with foods that seem to be up front (like beef) if it’s brand does not go the extra mile to let you know what’s in it, you could be eating a cocktail of unpronounceable chemicals. Yuck. Well, while you are digesting that bite of information chew on this delicious Quinoa and chickpea veggie burger recipe.
Health Benefits Of Quinoa.
Quinoa Might be the perfect food for anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle or any lifestyle at all for that matter. Although quinoa has a slight resemblance to starchy grains (such as rice and couscous), it is actually completely wheat free. In fact, quinoa is actually a part of the beet and chard spinach family.
It’s no secret that quinoa has earned its fame as a superfood. Not only is quinoa full of protein it is also packed with essential minerals and vitamins such as: Vitamin E, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, and B- Vitamins.
Quinoa is also one of the few plants that are a complete protein. Complete proteins are proteins that contain all essential amino acids. Essential amino acids are amino acids that your body cannot produce on its own, thus your body must get it from foods.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Quinoa Veggie Burger Recipe
- 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- 1 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth.
- 2 small slices of bread.
- 1 ½ cup of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- 1 small red chili pepper.
- A Pinch of Salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 Burger buns of your choosing.
1. Begin by adding 1 cups of vegetable broth to a large frying pan or saucepan. Place the pan on medium high heat to bring it to a boil. Next, add quinoa to the boiling broth. Cover the pan with an appropriate sized lid and reduce the heat to a low heat. Cook until all the broth has been absorbed into the quinoa, this will take about 15 minutes.
2. Using a food processor, process bread until fine breadcrumbs form. Add in chickpeas, cooked quinoa, egg, cilantro, cumin, chili, salt and pepper into the processor in short bursts until the mixture is completely blended.
3. Next, shape the mixture into 4 patties using your hands. Brush patties with extra virgin olive oil and cook in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat until golden brown. This will take about 4 minutes on each side.
4. Place patties on buns of your choice, apply toppings and enjoy.
Possible toppings: Salad greens, sliced avocado, sliced tomato and mayonnaise or yogurt if you are feeling adventures.
This quinoa veggie burger recipe is perfect for any time of year. With its amazing health benefits and delicious taste it’s sure to be a favorite at your next dinner.
A quick note from our founders
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of our friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook...
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!