Many of us are told by doctors that we need to lose a few pounds, however we struggle to actually follow the dietary and exercise advice that we are given. For Caroline Jhingory, she had no choice but to listen to her doctor, as her weight had become such a problem that it was threatening her life at the young age of 22. She heeded his advice, changed her lifestyle, and turned her life around.
But there was one piece of advice that really stuck with her and made all the difference.
How to Lose Weight Naturally: Caroline’s Story
Caroline suffered physical and emotional abuse growing up, and used food for comfort. Eating something tasty brought her small moments of joy, a reprieve from her daily struggles. By the time she reached her twenties, her weight had ballooned and her health was quickly spiraling downwards. (1)
Caroline had sky high blood sugar and dark blotches appearing on her neck and face, causing her to be diagnosed as pre-diabetic. It was there, at “rock bottom”, as she calls it, that she decided to make a change and take back her life. Within one year, Caroline lost 150 pounds. (1)
Caroline’s Recipe for Weight Loss and Health
So how did Caroline lose so much weight in such a short amount of time and keep it off? She didn’t use any quick-fix surgeries, didn’t spend thousands on expensive diet programs, food, or gyms, nor did she starve herself. Instead, Caroline took her doctor’s advice:
“Don’t eat anything white.”
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
She took on what she dubs “the poor man’s diet”, which included cutting out all white foods: Breads, rice, sugar, cakes, cookies, cereals, pastas, even potatoes. Instead, Caroline focused on a primarily plant-based, whole food diet, with some lean, healthy protein sources such as chicken and salmon. (1)
She couldn’t afford a gym membership at the time she started her weight loss journey, so instead she all but ditched her Metro subway card and began walking everywhere in her home town of Washington, D.C. (1)
Where is she now?
Caroline lost 30 pounds in the first two months, and over 150 pounds in just over a year. Now, ten years later, she is still living her new, healthy lifestyle, and loving every second of it. (1)
Caroline is now an advocate for living a healthy lifestyle, especially when it comes to nutrition and eating.
“Losing weight and keeping it off is 85% healthy eating and 15% exercise. Healthy eating is washing the car and exercise is shining the rims.” Caroline remarks. (1)
Caroline now has her own YouTube channel where she shares healthy recipes. Check out one of her videos below!
Tips for Safe, Healthy Weight Loss
Caroline’s story is inspirational for anyone wanting or trying to live a healthy lifestyle. These are just a few quick tips you can take from Caroline’s method to help you lose weight a live well:
- Walk as much as you can. Park at the back of the parking lot, take the stairs, go for walks on your lunch break, and if it’s within walking distance, walk! Don’t be afraid to walk to something that’s further than you would normally deem “walkable”. Put on a good pair of shoes, dress appropriately for the weather, and go! The worst thing that happens is you have to take public transit, a cab, or call for a ride back.
- Prepare most of your food at home. Even healthy dishes at restaurants and lunch places are often made with more salt, sugar, or are larger portions than you would make at home. Pick one day each week as your meal prep day and get lunches, dinners, snacks, and even breakfasts prepared. You will more than make up for the couple hours of work that day with quick, grab-and-go meals and snacks, not to mention the amount of money you will save.
- Center your meals around the vegetables. Make vegetables the star of the show! Not just by making them take up most of your plate, but by taking extra care in preparing them to make them taste delicious.
- Drink water. Your body is 75% water, so staying hydrated is crucial for energy and proper body functioning. Try to drink a half to a full cup of water every hour. Set a reminder in your phone, leave sticky notes, whatever you need to do so you won’t forget. If plain water isn’t your thing, try infusing your water with other healthy ingredients to make the beverage more fun.
- Sleep lots and sleep well. If you aren’t sleeping well, your hormones, in particular those responsible for hunger cues, will be off balance, making weight loss next to impossible. Crush cravings, rev up your metabolism, and lose weight faster all by getting a full, quality, seven to eight hours of sound sleep each night. Trouble sleeping? Try some of these natural methods to help you get to sleep faster and stay there.
Caroline’s story proves that healthy, permanent weight loss is achievable, no matter where you are coming from. Share her story with your friends and family to help us inspire others to start their health journey and make changes today.
A Special Message From Our Founders
Over the past few years of working with health experts all over the world, there’s one major insight we’ve learned.
Most health problems can often be resolved with a good diet, exercise and a few powerful superfoods. In fact, we’ve gone through hundreds of scientific papers and ‘superfood’ claims and only selected the top 5% that are:
- Backed by scientific research
- Simple to use
We then put this valuable information into the Superfood as Medicine Guide: a 100+ page guide on the 7 most powerful superfoods available, including:
- Exact dosages for every health ailment
- DIY recipes to create your own products
- Simple recipes
Grab your copy before the offer runs out!